immobiliser

BX Tech talk
spigven
Confirmed BX'er

immobiliser

Post by spigven »

Sorry not BX but Xantia 1.9 TD. Diagnosis is the module in the pump has failed. Due to severe financial constraints can't afford the £3-400 quoted for fix. Just want to get the car going again not interested in re-instating the immobiliser which is the keypad type. Anyone got any experience of this ? any advice gratefully received.

Thanks.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

If you have a look on the frenchcar forum someone on there has replaced a fuel pump on that type of car with an older type without the immobiliser, I think the main problem is access to the stop solenoid on the fuel pump, its covered by a protective steel sheild which needs to be removed, once you have access to that something should be possible.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
spigven
Confirmed BX'er

Post by spigven »

Stewart

Thanks for the prompt reply but you may have misunderstood the problem. The car is 1.9 TD, the immobiliser works on the diesel injection pump. The fault has already been diagnosed as the module in the diesel injection pump. I've been given advice that the pump has to be removed and cracked open, the module is removed from the pump and electrical power has to be restored to the solenoid (?) in the pump. I've been quoted £3 - 400 which is probably equal to the value of the car. I'd probably pay it except I'm currently skint so I need to get my hands dirty I guess. I have also been told that a local Auto Electrician can get it going again without removing the pump (not bothered about about reinstating the immobiliser) but having spoken to his partner he sounds flakey and unreliable. I guess I need advice from someone who has experience of getting round this problem.

Thanks
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Duno where you are in the country but if you're anywhere near bristol dap into Bristol 2cv's and ask "Mannie" how it's done. He's done it before for alot less than 3-400 notes. I cant quite remember the procedure but if you're stuck and not near Bristol I'll ask for you on monday and let you know hoe it's done.
I do remember it requires some violence to get the cover off the pump but you DONT need to remove the pump to do it. They did one (Bosch pump) in an 806 without removing pump so it'll be much easier in a xantia.
Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
spigven
Confirmed BX'er

Post by spigven »

Thanks. Doesn't seem much room to work on the pump when in situ, any additional info gratefully received.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

spigven
Confirmed BX'er

Post by spigven »

Yes

Just what I needed, thanks.

By the way I wasn't being too lazy, posted queery from holiday hotel. Car failed day before due to travel. Had to hire a Volvo estate ( 2 yrs old and 31K and what a heap of junk, how on earth do they get people to buy them ? anyway I digress) the Volvo goes back 2 days before I return to work (thats as much time as the spare Kidney would buy) and this will probably come as no surprise but I'm not exactly awash with spare money at the moment. Feeling very aprehensive about working on the car, used to do all (well most) of the work on my BX's but havn't got my hands dirty in a long time and not at all on the Xant with the exception of oil changes. Anyway thanks again.