Window surround paint?...

BX Tech talk
adamskibx
BXpert

Window surround paint?...

Post by adamskibx »

Need to touch up a few chips on the drivers door window surround. Does anyone know what kind of paint this is? Cheers, Adam
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I believe it`s called Tempest Grey and is a Rover colour. I`m pretty sure it was either Sleepy or Ken who told me so probably best to double check with them first. I bought some and the colour match was perfect.
Vauxhall apologist.
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Largely unavailable! The best match is Rover Tempest grey which is a semi-gloss.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I had mine done in satin black on the 16v and it looks lovely, I worked for Rover for 5 years tempest grey is a mid grey metallic the same as Xpower grey so I woudnt choose that or it would look odd! Unless they had 2 tempest greys.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Arr. I think there are variations of Tempest Grey. Ive just had a look into it on the net. The one thats like certain BX window surround paint is probably the standard Tempest Grey rather that Tempest Grey..... something else. I think I have seen BX's with a grey surround here, but mine is more of a jet black with a slight satin finish to it.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Same as mine, I would stick to satin black as its cheap and easy to match up. I had all mine sanded and painted for £50,
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Adam,

try this one - Noir Satine Mat Dupli color 0-50
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I used the standard Tempest Grey (in a spray can from Halfrauds) to very good effect. The only thing that spoiled it was my preperation, other than that the match and look was excellent.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Must be a older colour then, if you do go for tempest grey make sure its nottempest grey pearl effect as thats the new colour.
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

The correct colour was used for the grey panels on Rover 416 GTIs so this may help to resolve this tempestuous matter.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Umm thanks for the the information Tom, but it is more black than grey so I can only assume that the BX had more than one possible colour for window surround, so really its even more of a tempestuous matter now than it was before lol, or not as the case may be.

Jaba I shall have a look at Noir Satine Mat Dupli color 0-50. That sounds promising. Cheers
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

All bx's unless it was basic 14E or TE had black window surrounds, just stick to satin black available from most motor factors and you wont go far wrong mate, mine look great on the 16v and no different to how they should have been when new.