Its keeping to form....

Anything about BXs
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Its keeping to form....

Post by Kitch »

Yup. The 16v decided to throw its toys again, in a rather impractical location yesterday:

Note the trail of LHM coming from the subframe area. It was a fast leak and was empty by this time, not good when I'm 266miles away from home! Luckily I'd pinched a bottle from Dad and somehow it stopped leaking again and managed to get home on that alone! I was preparing to have to drive on low at 40mph using the handbrake very late at night! But it came through. :D

Didn't do badly actually. A 580mile round trip, including stops at St Albans for an AX GT carb and Lukes in Horsington to colelct a block for the grey 16v. Thanks again mate!
Used about £70 worth of Optimax to do it too, and I wasn't going lightly for half of the trip!
Now have a cracked windscreen because of some vermin (ho)motorcyclists kicking stones up while weaving about on the A roads.

Its parked up in the garage now. it really has too much wrong to keep it running for now, so I'll refund the tax, get this grey 16v fixed, find that a new home and then the red one comes to bits again. All the original 16yr old rubber seems to be perishing quickly.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

My rubbers 32 years old and is on its way out! :shock:
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Stick with it Kitch, It's a fantastic looking car and lets face it, if they never went wrong what the hell would do with our spare time!! I'd drink more beer, but then I'm told I've got a drink problem..... Can't see it myself, I go to the pub, drink lots and fall over...... Wheres the problem????? :wink:
Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Oh no worries about keeping it going Chris, from now on when it gets too much, I just slam it in the garage until I've cooled off :lol:
Its at that age where its going to need TLC on things, its part and parcel of it all isn't it?
The 16v doesn't seem as reliable as the diesels etc, but then its been driven much harder all its life, so I can't grumble anymore. It got us home in one piece.....for that it gets a pat on the back and some polish :)
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Good to know dude. You are quite right, old cars need treating like a good woman... maybe thats why I'm single and my cars dont work?!?!?! :?
Cheers
Chris G

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

:D
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

docchevron1472 wrote: You are quite right, old cars need treating like a good woman... s
Chris G

It must be some kitchen door you`ve got to get a BX through it and chain it up :?: :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

If the stairs up to my bedroom wern't so steep I'd get the old girls in bed with me! :D . Keep em idling and they would keep me much warmer than a female type. Of course the exhaust fumes would kill me pretty quickley but what a way to go!.... :wink:

If the french wont buy our beef, why should we buy their letters!?!?!

Cheers
Chris G

docchevron

Post by docchevron »

P.S. At least you broke down in a picturesque part of the world... only a few feet away from where Richey James Edwards disappeared 11 years ago!

I usually breakdown on a hard shoulder of some dingy motorway. Infact a bus I was piloting expired on the avon ring road earlier.. Never travel by First bus, we are truely S*ITE!
Cheers
Chris G