BX TZD 1.9 turbo diesel hatchback for sale.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

BX TZD 1.9 turbo diesel hatchback for sale.

Post by cavmad »

Right, due to financial embarassment at the present time it looks like the BX TZD 1.9TD will have to go. Extremely reluctant to do so but can`t afford to sell the BX estate as it`s too useful to get rid of and the Mercedes needs an MOT and selling that would be like cutting off my right arm and several toes.

In a nut shell it`s a 89/90 white TZD hatchback. Very good bodywork, silver GTi alloys in above average condition. Engine was a BRAND NEW (not recon`d) 1.9 Peugot engine which was adapted to fit circa 1998. Since buying it I`ve had a brand new battery fitted very recently, I`ve fitted a new bleed `bulb` (today), Sleepy has repaired the rear LHM leak which was a suspension component and I`m pretty sure there were one or two other jobs done too.
Starts on the button, suspension rises very quickly and quietly and it sounds superb. Only been up and down the back road in it but it goes like a bat out of hell.
It`s had 16V brakes fitted (by last owner) and he said he`d maintained the car to the nth degree.
I have a set of black leather seats to go with the car (at the asking price) though some stitching is required in places. If the leather interior is wanted I will personally fit it into the car as I`ll need the old interior back for another BX.
MOT and tax have expired but will take it for test at your expense if you want a proper idea of what it will want. The jobs I know it will want are an ABS sensor (light`s on on the dash-possible removing the bulb may help at MOT but at you`re own risk!), a couple of tyres (can help locate some I think and if I come across any I will include them FOC) and probably some other minor jobs. These are the jobs that I`m aware of, if I find any other faults I`ll list tem and post them up. Rear bumper has a crack, nothing too major I don`t think but I`ll try and capture on pictures when I get the chance.
A couple of members of this forum have seen the car and have commented favourably on the general condition BUT...don`t take anyone`s word for it, come and have a look for yourself. If anyone`s not local and may be interested I`m quite happy for anyone they like to come and view/try out the car and report back to them privately and independantly with their findings. Delivery possible at cost price within about 40 miles of West Cheshire.
Price includes the leather interior fitted, but please note if interior not wanted then it will NOT be for sale as I`ll fit it to my estate instead.
Asking price is £450, pm, e-mail or post under here if interested. Pictures will be added as/when I get the chance. Accept that it`s a fairly high amount for a BX with no MOT but it`s pretty exclusive and is probably a lot easier and cheaper than building one yourself with an untested engine.If I can raise the dosh I will be keeping it but this is unlikely in the next few weeks.
Might take a cheaper part exchange but it`ll only be sold on again so will need to be priced accordingly.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

£350 without the leather, original interior is very tidy and has rear headrests etc. Pictures hopefully getting taken and posted up tomorrow (Sunday).
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

How much without the alloys. :D
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

:lol: Do I detect an element of sarcasm here Mr N? :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

With respect Billy you will need to get it MOTed before you sell it or you wont get you as much as you want for it.
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

PM coming up shortly matey....
The O/H is sick of hearing about BX's! :( And aparently Xantias are 'Didsbury cars' LOLZ
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Know what you`re saying Tim but it won`t be going anywhere if it doesn`t get a reasonable amount, it`d be pointless getting shut for a trivial amount.
Once (if) I can raise some cash I`ll take it for an MOT and see what it wants, there`s the slightly more pressing event that is SWMBO`s birthday very soon and also the trip to watch Leeds get stuffed in some Mickey Mouse cup or other :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

cavmad wrote::lol: Do I detect an element of sarcasm here Mr N? :lol:
Straight forward enough question I thought.

Now sarcasm would be how much with a 1.7td in it.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

:lol: :lol: :lol: £50 off, engine in boot!
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

A customer of mine's son plays for Leeds, i could try scrounging a couple of tickets from him, then we could hurl abuse at each other from opposite ends of the ground.

Like you do :lol:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

That reminds me of a plan I have if I win the lottery. I`m going to employ one of those light air crafts (with pilot) to fly over a certain football ground with a huge banner flying behind it saying `**** ******* is a twat`, aimed at my boss.
Vauxhall apologist.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Why waste money?If I win the lottery,I'm going to punch my boss on the beak :D 8)
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

If i won the lottery I would get locked up for collecting a warehouse full of old snotters!
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I'm interested mate. Anything else you think it may need for MOT?

How much for delivery to Hampshire?
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
PiLsY.
BXpert

Post by PiLsY. »

Hi.

I'm interested - any joy on the pictures?

What sort of insurance group is it...I've picked up a few points and my Xantia 16v has to go (gutted!), so I'm after a diesel with lower insurance. Was looking for a 306, but I've got a soft spot for the BX after having a GTi 8v and GTi 4x4 a few years ago. Would be after the leather interior too I think.

Do you have an approximate cost for getting it through the MOT?

Fancy a straight swap for a xantia 16valver? R reg, pretty good nick. Dicky speedo but 10 months MOT. Can supply replacement speedo. No other faults apart from heater direction control and a couple of centre console bulbs. 4 good tyres on VSX alloys. Suspension fine but a little slow on the back to rise - spheres due in about 8 months. If not can do cash.

Anyway, getting ahead of myself here - would like to see a couple of pics if possible.

Thanks,
Matt.