Medway Chapter Report (Two blokes talking about BXs)

Anything about BXs
Oscar
1K Away

Medway Chapter Report (Two blokes talking about BXs)

Post by Oscar »

Dear President, Chairman, Members of the Committee, comrades and fellow upholders of the BX traditions of engineering and quality,

It is with great pleasure that I make this first report from the Medway Chapter of BX Club.

We are happy to report a fantastic one hundred percent increase in membership in the Medway area (bringing membership to two). Furthermore, we confidently anticipate a further fifty percent increase in membership in the near future (Adam’s mum will be getting his TGD).

Coverage of promotional material has increased by fifty percent (I have two BX Club stickers in my car, and I’ve given another one to Adam). We are discussing plans to further increase coverage by thirty percent (I might give my last sticker to Adam’s mum for her TGD).

We can confidently report that not only has membership increased by one hundred percent, but there has also been a huge increase in the quality of the Medway chapter’s BX fleet (Adam’s TZD is much nicer than mine, and has aircon and ABS). We anticipate further increases in quality and presentation (I’ll have to wash and polish mine this weekend).

We further anticipate greater rises in productivity and output from the Medway chapter (Adam has said that he’ll help me do my radius arms, and I’ll hold the torch while he does his work). We are also confident that we can achieve further rises in efficiency and effectiveness, without any associated rises in input costs ( I don’t mind if he uses my tools).

We are looking forward to a long series of exchanges of experience, personal and professional development, and further consolidation of the membership base, conducted in a refreshing and appropriate atmosphere (we’ll probably be round each other’s houses drinking tea a lot).

We are pleased to submit this report, and feel confident that it will meet with your approval and commendation.

Oscar
Last edited by Oscar on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

:lol: Wonderfully put Oscar, you should have a column in The Times or The Telegraph :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Report approved. Observer to be despatched to a forthcoming meeting for ratification and biscuits.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Oscar for PM :D
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
Adam
BXpert

Post by Adam »

The TGD now has the interior of the TZD, the TZD parts are coming tomorrow, work has dried up for a few days leaving optimum BX time. Oh yeah, there is a very sorry looking Meteor in the brakers which has kindly donated it's interior to my TZD, red pinstripes, looks the nuts!!!!! I also now have various interior spares if anyone needs anything, TGD seats will be going to the tip tomorrow unless someone wants them. Looking forward to the next Chapter of Medway BX Club meeting, hopefully under the bonnet in Lower Giliingham at the weekend.
Previously Owned
1988 19DTR
1991 17TZD
1987 19GTI (Dads)
1992 17DTR (Mums)
Currently
1991 19TGD
1991 TZD Turbo (Breaking)
"Graculus" 1990 TGD Turbo (Restoring)
Adam
BXpert

Post by Adam »

I second Oscar for PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Previously Owned
1988 19DTR
1991 17TZD
1987 19GTI (Dads)
1992 17DTR (Mums)
Currently
1991 19TGD
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

tom wrote:Report approved. Observer to be despatched to a forthcoming meeting for ratification and biscuits.
Test recce already completed. Can report thoroughly warm welcome from Medway chapter, fortified with tea and Boddingtons :D :D :D

And not even the suggestion of a pointy finger at the unplanned exit via recovery truck :roll: .
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
Adam
BXpert

Post by Adam »

I'm hoping for a road test of the TZD next weekend, will possibly head your way Barry, always liked it down there and want to find some spots on the Avon for fishing. :D
Previously Owned
1988 19DTR
1991 17TZD
1987 19GTI (Dads)
1992 17DTR (Mums)
Currently
1991 19TGD