Getting a Xantia

Anything about BXs
RichardW
BXpert

Post by RichardW »

MynameisRichardandI'maXantiaowner

Phew! Glad that's out in the open.

On the up side, the Xantia is much better screwed together than the BX, and is much quieter on the road. On the down side this makes it much heavier, slower, and thirstier.

There are a few design quirks that will probably come to haunt you. I will let them surprise you though for now.

I've nearly covered more miles in Xantia TDs now than BX TDs. Still rather have a BX though. If that 42k estate had been within 100 miles it'd be parked on my drive now :D
I NEED a BX TD.
richard
BXpert

Post by richard »

I realy enjoy my Xantia. Comfortable, quiet, good looking and solid. But to drive, it cant touch the BX. The BX is soooo much a better car to drive :D

Is it just me?
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Silverfox, you have a problem! your Xantia is not supposed to get up instantly, its not supposed to go down :)
mine feels smooth, well it will do once the droplink and the serpentine belt tensioner are replaced, but it does feel like a bit of a barge, a very comfortable barge but a barge nonetheless, as soon as I go out for a drive in the thing some boy racer is hanging off my tail, damn! I should be in the Hooligan now :twisted: still it pulled cleanly away in a heavy ind of way :)
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
M

Post by M »

Stewart (oily!) wrote:Silverfox, you have a problem! your Xantia is not supposed to get up instantly, its not supposed to go down :)
Knackered electrovalve - mine has this complaint (I live with it)
silverfox
Confirmed BX'er

Post by silverfox »

Marty wrote:
Stewart (oily!) wrote:Silverfox, you have a problem! your Xantia is not supposed to get up instantly, its not supposed to go down :)
Knackered electrovalve - mine has this complaint (I live with it)
OMG! Now I have a sinking feeling! :cry:
Me depressed? Don't make me laugh!
silverfox
Confirmed BX'er

Post by silverfox »

[quote="Stewart (oily!)"]Silverfox, you have a problem! your Xantia is not supposed to get up instantly, its not supposed to go down :)

Discovered that the reason mine goes down is cos its an earlier model that isn't blessed with an "anti sink shere"! All I needed to do was change the accumulator = £34! (was one tick a second and the seller had no idea what it was - it was a panic seller! :lol: ) Oh and front end exhaust looked too dodgy for my imminent trip to France so wisely replaced it! ( A stitch in time. . . . .?)

Also, the central locking needs fixing - poss rear offside solenoid - but I can live with that for a while!
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

You may find that a 'Generic' locking motor will fit easily. Maplins 5 wire bolted straight into my BX passenger door and even hooked into the linkage without even bending anything.

I think 5 wired ones are for doors with key switches and 2 wires for back doors without them.
silverfox
Confirmed BX'er

Post by silverfox »

[quote="jeremy"]You may find that a 'Generic' locking motor will fit easily.

Ta for that Jeremy. Will investigate! Geoff
silverfox
Confirmed BX'er

Post by silverfox »

PS: The TXD is still running every Sunday - used as security car with two amber lamps on the roof - still runs sweetly too! Strange that no offers to take it on yet people going miles countywide for semi knackered and unknown BX's! Sumat for nowt I guess? :lol: