WANTED - PRETTY URGENT (more so than wheel bolts!)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

WANTED - PRETTY URGENT (more so than wheel bolts!)

Post by Vanny »

Billys odl 1.7na Diesel has become something of a deceased car!

Engine has failed big stylee, wont rotate, blowing big bubbles and last time we flushed the rad the water was like chocolate! Yes the head is gone, but i suspect the whole bottom end (and probably the top) are rotten out!

Matt qualified as a Paramedic Technician yesterday (has been doing a good 100miles a day to work and back without too many problems from the car) and starts shifts monday afternoon and is in desperate need of transport!

He's after (ideally) a replacement 1.7 NA diesel engine that can be dropped straight in, or alternatively a white 1.7td saloon with some or more MOT, but all in all a BX with MOT is fine so long as it's nice and cheap!

Please help! Even if you just happen to have a car lying around that your not using and you can spare a loan of, let me know!

Cheers
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Vanny, will POSSIBLY have the chance to collect a cheap (£75-ish?) petrol BX hatchback over the next few days. Not sure if it`s tested though and whether it needs any work. I`ll probably buy it anyhow and if it`s too far gone then I`ll break it but if it`s saveable then all well and good.
I`ll pm you shortly with refernce to Matt`s car.
Incidentally would the 16V be alright for him to borrow when done assuming MOT isn`t too much trouble? He could drive it round and we could post a for sale note in the window at the same time?
Vauxhall apologist.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I still have a taxed and tested Volcane TD whuich is rather nice if I say so myself.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

Theres a TZD near Chester which is for sale, been on e-bay but failed to make reserve, i know were it is if he is intrested.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Is that the Buckley one mate?
Vauxhall apologist.
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

Yes, it is, i passed it today, rear bumper looks a bit faded, it's red, not been close up, & have no idea what he would take for it.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Seem to remember it didn`t look too bad as it goes. Probably worth trying to find out more information and posting details up on here?
Vauxhall apologist.
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

Will do, i'll try & find out more & post later.
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

Got in touch with the seller, he's looking for at least £350, which seemed a strange way too put it, armed with that info your not likely to offer more, so £350 it is.
abarthmark

Post by abarthmark »

It seems a lot of you lads are close to chester and north wales. I live just outside chester as well. You might see me driving around in a Citroen Dispatch black cab around chester. Its got a volunteers in motorsport sticker on the back of it.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Nice one AbarthMark, I`ll look forward to a free ride in your cab one day by simply stating the secret password: `BXClub` :!: :D
Welcome along to the forum mate, you`ll probably have already realised it`s a good place to be.
Undoubtably I`ll see you koncking about in your cab one day and introduce myself. If you have a look at the events and meetings section you`ll see a few of us are meeting at Cholomondeley Castle in September if you want to pop along, should be a laugh.
How near to Chester are you btw?
Vauxhall apologist.
abarthmark

Post by abarthmark »

Hi there, I am 2 miles out of chester towards whitchurch.Just off A41. Cholmondeley castle sounds good. Went last year with a friend in his Roller. Will take my flying fiat up there. Its silver with miniltes and twin pipe exhaust and abarth skirts on it. 8) 8) No doubt you will see it around chester.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Lovely jubbly, you can`t be more than about 4 miles from me then. Excusing my ignorance but what model of Abarth do you drive and have you got a BX at the moment?
Vauxhall apologist.
abarthmark

Post by abarthmark »

its a cinquecento abarth. The engine is standard with induction kit and ANSA rear silencer, lowered sports springs, powerflex front bushes, momo steering wheel, red dials, lamda gauge, voltmeter, minilite 6x13 rims with yokohama tyres, ferodo competition pads. I've done 2 track days with it at Oulton Park and Brands Hatch. :twisted: