HI new member! What BX model would give me least hassle?

Anything about BXs
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Welcome to the club Abarthman.I've had my fair share of troubles over the years(10 to be exact) but I still love/drive Bx'sYes they can cost a lot of money when things start going wrong,but I'll give you 3 guesses as to what my next car is going to be
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

As I have said, Its great to be offered good advice for and against buying a BX, up till recent I have been put off buying one as the reputation is not good. my dads cousin ridded a few inthe 80's, and my mechanic pulls aright face when i mention citroen!!!!1! :o :? :oops: but buying owt second hand fills me with dread!

Its gonna be a TZD turbo if anything i reckon now (so long as they dont make too much racket!), gonna have a go in some and see what i think. just a shame i have to sell my trusty steed! :? :cry:

A BX is not my dream car but i see the potentail in all and i'd have crack at customising one if it wasnt mainly for work, mind if i did that though i'd start with a MK1. 8) 8) 8)
The O/H is sick of hearing about BX's! :( And aparently Xantias are 'Didsbury cars' LOLZ
abarthmark

Post by abarthmark »

Fair comment. I suppose I've been lucky with the cars I've had and that I know a fair bit about them having owned 4 of them over a 17 year span. Yes they are getting long in the tooth now and good ones are harder to find now. I would certainly go for a late xantia, theres some lovely cars around. My choice to replace my ZX would be a picasso hdi with aircon.
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

A BX may not be your dream car now, but it will be about one month after ownership. I haven't driven anything else that is as satisfying.

Although a sorted XM would come a good second....

And a CX....
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

LOL!!!! Yeah I saw a 2.0 twincam S***** on the way home thats local and driven with attitude, looks great for no reason in particular. thought about upgrading mine. then i pulled up behind a black GTi BX, looked awesome. If the guy lives there its only a few streets away.

GTI is tempting me too now after that, I did just get an insurance quote that was £200 more than a TZD though so i'm not so sure.
The O/H is sick of hearing about BX's! :( And aparently Xantias are 'Didsbury cars' LOLZ
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

get a 16v!! you wont look back! will blow you away performance wise when you relaly boot them! amazing cars for what they are! they actually make the gti look slow!
i owuld advise having a ride in a deisel, a gti and a 16v before making your mind up!!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

Just need a test drive in one then... ;)
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

if you were closer to me then i would willingly let you have a blast in the ol' girl!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

HaHa even a passenger ride will do, I'll see if i can stalk this one i saw yesterday... :oops: :oops: :oops: