Wanted: Fuel sender unit

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Wanted: Fuel sender unit

Post by sleepy0905 »

Hi does anyone have a good fuel sender suitable for a 1990 TZS as mine is knackered and i cannot get one from the local breakers. :D
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

That`ll be the plastic round thing that goes inside the tank and is accessible from under the rear seats Aaron? Correct me if I`m wrong but aren`t they all (regardless of petrol, diesel or engine size) the same?
Vauxhall apologist.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

I agree Cavmad.

Sleepy - have you checked the plugs etc to it? - Found that on my TD Esyaye the wire wasn't really long enough and had partially pulled off the sensor - and of course its pinched between the floor and the fiendish black plastic cap! (Could cut the insulation)

Interestingly Citroen must have become aware as a ZX is similar but avoids pinching the wire.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Yes i have checked the connector and cable it reads fine above 1/2 tank but below that its erratic or reading empty with the orrange light on despite there being fuel in like yesterday i put £11 worth in but the guage still reads empty with the orrange light on but while you are driving sometimes the light will go out and the guage will move up to a 1/4 tank.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Mine doe that all the time Sleepy but I suppose I`ve just got used to it now.
If you can confirm that the senders are all the same let me know as I did have a spare kicking about here somewhere.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

GTi auto does the same sleepy! Can drive for 50 miles with no reading at all!
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Fuel sender.

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hello sleepy0905 I was all ready to say I had one then you went and spoilt it all by saying you wanted a GOOD one, mine is good above 1/2 but completely f00ked below it. Not much good then unless anyone has one that is good from empty up to a half, perhaps not. Good luck with your search.
Cheers.
Geoff.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Well i still need one as i have just put £45 worth of petrol in and it cannot make its mind up whether it is full, half or 1/4 full and even empty so i think it is what is technically termed as Knackered as i know there is at least 50 litres of fuel in there so i will have to just rely on the orange light on the journey to sailsbury tomorrow. :shock:
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

sleepy0905 wrote:Well i still need one as i have just put £45 worth of petrol in and it cannot make its mind up whether it is full, half or 1/4 full and even empty so i think it is what is technically termed as Knackered as i know there is at least 50 litres of fuel in there so i will have to just rely on the orange light on the journey to sailsbury tomorrow. :shock:
I'm near Salisbury, so you've got backup :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Thanks kitch But i should be ok but thanks for the offer i will just stick more fuel in down there to make sure but the car is running at 28.2 Mpg round town and 36.8 Mpg on the open road so it should be fine
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

But something else might go wrong in the time it takes you to sit there and work out to the nearest decimal point exactly what your economy is :wink:

I'd fill up some jerry cans up there....its pricey down here :x
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

You sotherners always charge more for things anyway. :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

A National helpline would actually be a good idea,I'm sure we cover most areas by now.
How it would work?, We can't put phone numbers up
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

You would need a central phone number which is manned whoever was on the manned number could then text the nearest member. Or a news letter with the contact details in and charge a small fee for the newsletter ie the cost of postage and paper say £1 per member.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

That`s a bloody brilliant idea Artic. Maybe someone could take responsibilty for keeping a list of phone numbers and we could have one or two people who hold them all?
I`ve no problem with anyone of the regulars having my number but would respectfully suggest that if someone requested another member`s number then the other member should be asked if they are happy to have their number given out, does that make sense?
Incidentally Sleepy, Ken, Vanny, Ian Fearn, Reanimation, Gareth Wales, Stewart (Oily), Mr B, Marty, Artic Steel and probably one or two others have my mobile number.
Vauxhall apologist.