BX club Chester latest...

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

BX club Chester latest...

Post by cavmad »

Another two members to add to my list of people I`ve met, had the pleasure of Reanimation and Tim 2CV`s (plus lady friend) company this weekend and it was a pleasure to meet them.
Looks like the 16V has finally found a new home, and a very good one at that. It was a waste of a good car to be sat in my garage for so long plus it was taking up valuable space which I`m desperately short of at the moment. This should hopefully mean that the TZD 1.9TD can go in the garage and be sorted out once time and money allow.
Aside from that the weekend saw me fitting some (extremely cheap) Ebay find tyres to my recovery truck. Three nearly new Michelin`s, which would cost circa £360 new, for £16 plus about £20 delivery, couldn`t turn that down! Stripped wheels off and fitted them myself on Saturday and no problems found.
BX estate exhaust is starting to rattle/resonate slightly but as it was a spare fitted from my old estate and has done quite a few miles I`m not too bothered.
Today saw a much deserved lie in and then tragedy this afternoon as my team lost 2-1 at home to our archemost of archest rivals :evil:
Not looking good for a trek to Leeds on Tuesday evening, a proper tonking is on the cards I fear :cry:
Anyhow, more news on the 16V and it`s new owner when it happens, hopefully next weekend.
Still awaiting news of the confirmation of the Northern Meet, hoping to hear sometime this week, and will let everyone know as soon as I have had communication from show organisers.
Vauxhall apologist.
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

My 2 little troublemakers are W****** fans, & i know they are going to ring me, the little B******* are just making me suffer
Tim2cv
BXpert

Post by Tim2cv »

ok then, the cats out... I have the 16v bug again and there should be one arrive on my drive next wknd! :wink:
Cant wait!

Was good to finally meet another bxclub member, lady friend is Sarah unless you meant the 2cv who is called Dolly (original name lol!)

See you again soon and once the car is ship shape see more of you at various meetings around the place!

Bring on the valver!

TIM
2CV6 1986 Dolly

MEHARI 1976

DYANE 6 1981 - GF'S CAR!

www.bx16valve.co.uk/forum

www.myspace.com/tim2cv
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

artic-steel wrote:My 2 little troublemakers are W****** fans, & i know they are going to ring me, the little B******* are just making me suffer
Tell me about it. An ex work colleague is a bit of a Goats fan and has called me up to take the mickey. Too be fair he`s a bloody good laugh and I don`t mind it off him.

Tim, apologies for forgetting Sarah`s name, no offence intended but I`m worn out (read forgetful) after a long weekend and that`s without beer :oops:
Vauxhall apologist.
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

Good news about the TZD getting a dry home. You should defo try it out for a bit if poss. what was the 16v all about (either i wasn't listening or forgot to ask! :oops: ) Was it a bit of a project? Great to meet you BTW. cheers.
The O/H is sick of hearing about BX's! :( And aparently Xantias are 'Didsbury cars' LOLZ