El Presidente's whereabouts.

Anything about BXs
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

I've just completed a similar trip, less miles (2600) and with a few problems. No coolant loss and half a pint of oil used. Problems? Well I've been carrying an ABS fault for a while as the N/S sensor is not happy; it's now completely buggered as the light stays on all the time. The A/C pump is making a strange noise, as the idle bearing is getting a bit vocal. It was a bit noisy before I went and got worse the more the miles climbed! I think I need new wishbone bushes, as the front suspension feels a bit loose :roll: never mind as it never stopped and returned 47mpg. Not bad for an 154000 mile TD 8)

Oh, and I scored some French style number plates, pic to come :twisted:
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Wow thats a long journey. No time to enjoy the historic towns en route.

To hell with history though when your driving a BX.

Reminds me of a time when I returned from northern Switzerland to Calais via the German autoroutes one winter from a skiing trip. I did the 600 miles in 7 hours including stops. This was cruising at 115mph for hours on end in the GTi. I used to do similar trips in the Golf GTI I had before the BX(s). The Cit was much more enjoyable by comparison. It was quieter (that is a relative term - it was still pretty noisy), more comfortable, stable and much more economical too.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

The BX is at its best for long trips; the comfort is better than a lot of other cars and the light weight makes them very economical on fuel, brakes and tyres. The good visibility with big mirrors and slim pillars makes it safe as well. France is a big country, so their cars are designed for long distances. I'm envious of the fun you two have been having, especially as I'm Prisoner of Work until the end of October (But by then, I'll have had the front end done...)
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Mine and the El Presidente machine early morning on the campsite carpark.

Mine basking in rural France last Thurday.

1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

What amazing pics! I followed the construction of that bridge with interest and can't wait to see it with my own eyes.

Probably shouldn't be admitting this in public, but I've got a bit of a thing for bridges, especially suspension ones - I still get a thrill from crossing the Thames on the QE2.