X****a for sale.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

X****a for sale.

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hi well the time has come to try and be sensible, that will be a first. The Xantia is for sale. As nice as it is, and it does have certain advantages over the BX, then in all honesty trying to run 2 cars is just too expensive.
The Xantia is a :-
1997 (August) 3 litre V6. The colour is Green with black leather interior. Hi spec Citroen radio/cassette with 10 CD changer.
The good bits.
51,000. miles.
Mot until 2 nd August 2007
Taxed untill Feb 2007
No rips,burns or anything like that anywhere inside which is very smart Black leather.
4 Tyres that have done less than 3,000 miles.
New radiator.
New battery.
New sparking plugs.
New plug leads.
Exhaust.
2 working key fobs.

The gearbox works as it should and has had the fluid checked and has enough for a complete change.(At £15 a litre.)included.
The engine has just had an oil change , fully synthetic Mobil 1. All filters changed. The engine is quiet and smooth and does go very well when needed.
It has air con which is fully working. as is the ABS.
The suspension works as it should and there are no known leaks.
It does not use any water or oil.
The body ,for the year, is very good.

The not quite so good bits.
While the body can be honestly described as very very good it is not quite mint, there are a couple of very small shopping trolley type marks, but you have got to look for them. The front bumper has a scrape on the n/s return, this would respond to a rub down and a can spray to make it perfect.
It has a nice Reg number.
Pictures to follow tomorrow. When I have found the camera lead and can work out how to do it.
Any questions please feel free to ask.

Price I dont really know, I am not looking for a vast sum but will start at about £1,900-00 and negotiate from there.
Cheers.
Geoff.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

I MAY NOT BE ALWAYS RIGHT BUT I AM
NEVER WRONG.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I think your being reasonable with the mileage mate good lcuk with the sale.
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Xantia

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Thanks very much Tim, Adding up the tyres, exhaust, battery, rad and all the things that I had forgotten, like plugs and leads at close to £100-00 etc. I think that I have spent something close to £900-00. It's quite amazing where it all goes, isnt it.
Cheers.
Geoff.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

NEVER WRONG.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

If i added up how much I had spend on bxs over the years we would be close to £10000!
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

tim leech wrote:If i added up how much I had spend on bxs over the years we would be close to £10000!
Don't do it,you'll only upset yourself :D
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Its ok barnsley I have medication for it
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

If i added up how much I had spend on bxs over the years we would be close to £10000!
Well that got me thinking. I cant beat £10000 but since 1999 I have kept very detailed records on spreadsheets that show my expenditure on running costs was £5613. The total mileage was 127829 which gives a very reasonable figure of 4.4 pence per mile.

Loves driving hates garages = true.

This does not include purchase and disposal costs or depreciation. I dont think any other car could better this significantly.

To put the running costs in context I have just sold a Xsara I owned for 18 months. I spent nothing on it at all. I only did 4000 miles, I lost £3500 in depreceation in that short time.

So in economic terms alone the BX has been a very cheap car for me through the years. I do have records (written) for the previous 7 years to 1999 of running my BXs . These would double the mileage covered and would not alter the pence per mile calculation as far as I recall.

Actually I find this expenditure really amazing cos I have always had at least two BXs to maintain in this period. My wife, despite her complaints about my 'bangers' always drives one as well.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Mine does include purchase prices. And ive owned BXs off and off for over 10 years. I wouldnt change it though. Just want to get my 16v as good as I can get it.
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Price.

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

OK Have had a good look at the price and done some sums etc. Due to a change in things then £1,200-00 will haggle, it has got to go.
Cheers.
Geoff.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

NEVER WRONG.