Downsizing

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

Downsizing

Post by tim leech »

Right I have a problem, as you know I have a fair collection of cars, I have space for 3 of them and i have 6! :oops: The MK1 has found a new home and is going next week, Im keeping the 16v and the xantia and of course the SD1 V8. The 2600 rover is a quick fix job then im moving it on

I did have a buyer for the GTi Auto but unfortuantly that has fallen through, so its for sale to new home. Youve seen the pictures and some of you the car itself at the CCC rallye and know what its like, immaculate! oill and airfilters, a new accumulator sphere, rear spheres, both bumpers both front wings and the drivers door have all been professionally painted, new fogs, headlights, mudflaps etc etc full proffesional valet inside and out. The car has no rust anywhere, it runs and drives very well and has low mileage and I just added a set of phase 2 16v wheel aswell with good tyres.

I have spent over £400 on the car alone without taking in the price of the car so thats what I want for it.

It will be on ebay as of saturday. The car is currently sorned as its in storage but the MOT runs until december and it would easily pass another.

The cars in Burton but I can meet part way if that helps and would tax on your behalf if you want.
Last edited by tim leech on Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Since phots the car has 16v wheels fitted, full set of genuine COUNTURED mudflaps (BRAND NEW on the front and used at the back) and a new foglamp to match the new one already fitted! So thats £60 worth of foglamps! £80 worth of 16V wheels etc etc £20 worth of mudflaps

Only faults is the tape player sometimes chews as its the factory set and it could with a couple of new bumper inserts as the ones on it have a few marks.
Last edited by tim leech on Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

spendid looking car Tim
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

It is lovely and such a easy car to drive, the V8 Sd1 needs some mechanical bits doing so I need to raise tha cash for that and I have nowhere to put it.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Anybody?
Vauxhall apologist.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

In for a penny in for a pound..................................Anybody?
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

Hmmm... :? :oops:

Another tempting proposition. Arrgh I'm trying to downsize too plus the auto bit off puts me a bit. sounds nice though.
The O/H is sick of hearing about BX's! :( And aparently Xantias are 'Didsbury cars' LOLZ
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

reanimation wrote:Hmmm... :? :oops:

Another tempting proposition. Arrgh I'm trying to downsize too plus the auto bit off puts me a bit. sounds nice though.
The auto bit :?: one day, all cars will be made this way. :)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Here, here, Ken. Love my GTi auo!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

Sorry I just love blasting through the gears, the last auto i tried was a 2.3 Volvo 240 estate auto - wierd old ship! :lol:
The O/H is sick of hearing about BX's! :( And aparently Xantias are 'Didsbury cars' LOLZ
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I'd have been interested if it wasn't an auto :wink:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Philip chidlow wrote:Here, here, Ken. Love my GTi auo!
The BX auto is a slick and smooth change and always downshifts on demand when xtra performance for overtaking etc is required. :D :D :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Completely agree with you there Waytogo, as I do with Philip also. I`d go as far as to say the GTi auto I had (now in the careful hands of Ms Fearn) was one of the nicest cars I`ve driven and could either be an effortless cruiser or a damn quick flying machine yet still managed to be completely predictable.
If you`ve not owned one or not tried one you don`t know what you`re missing.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Agreed cavmad, the ZF 4 speed auto is very smooth and quiet, and jusdging by Phils car is good for 150k miles with ease, goes very well with the comfortable and easy drive of a bx, Bear in mind if its a auto its not been thrashed (it changes gear at 4500 unless you hold on to the gears by hand), had the wrong gear selected and had the clutch ragged. Theres not much difference in fuel economy to a manual either.

If your interested but not sure about the autobox come over and have a drive, you wont be dissapointed, makes me wish my 16v was auto lol!

The body on this car is as good as any you will see, it needs to stay that way so needs to go to a enthusiast.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Chap from the 16v Forum HAs agreed to buy subject to viewing next Sunday :D