I only went to look at a ZX Volcane......................

Anything about BXs
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

I only went to look at a ZX Volcane......................

Post by docchevron »

Went to Yeovil in Somerset today to have a look at a crashed ZX Volcane thats on flea-bay (not for me you understand, brother wants it..........you cant educate pork!), anyhow it's being sold by J H Norman and sons garage. The ZX will need some straightening but looks like a sound car on the whole if you like that sort of thing. The gut there seems really into Cit's and has made enquires about the bxclub so may be joining. He's got a nice BX TXD turbo 'K' reg in metallic pacific blue (no mot, taxed till end of month) for £200. He reckons it'll go straight through the test. My mate may be buying it tomorrow!

What really interested me though was a sad looking red bx 'round the back of the workshop'. F600 EYD is a BX RD TURBO! I seem to remember someone asking on here if one existed.....?

The cars had a scrape down the n/s and the inj. pump has been removed for another car but theres no rust in it and I'm told the engine was fine and it drove in. The insides a bit dirty but it looks like a half way doable car. It's going for scrap next week so if any of you are local to Yeovil and want some cheap bits.... I didn't get the phone number (DOH!) but they should be in the phone book.

I suspect £20 would get the whole car if anyones interested?
The guy kindly gave me the badge off the back of it so if any of you buy the car and want the badge its in bristol!!!
Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

RD turbo, havent seen one of those for a long time, anyone going to rescue it?
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Hope so. It looks like a real honest car but time is running out........

I have too mant fingers in too many pies but if anyone does get it then I'll give 'em the badge back!!
Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Adam
BXpert

Post by Adam »

01935 476527

I found the no. for the garage, is anyone interested, if I can find a way to get it back i'll give him a call.
Previously Owned
1988 19DTR
1991 17TZD
1987 19GTI (Dads)
1992 17DTR (Mums)
Currently
1991 19TGD
1991 TZD Turbo (Breaking)
"Graculus" 1990 TGD Turbo (Restoring)