Please excuse my mess!

Anything about BXs
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Please excuse my mess!

Post by Vanny »

Hi Folks, im working too hard at the moment so i need to let various people know various things and im gonna start a messy post here!

Firstly im working in a Hospital 08:30 till 17:00(ish) every weekday then straight to a farm in Bury where im fixing a couple of dump trucks from random parts (very interesting but diesel engines), typically not getting back till after 12 and goin straight to bed (got an early break tonight so off to bed), so to those who have made offers, asked questions etc please excuse till i get a break at the weekend (if i get a break at the weekend!), phone has also been on silent for a week or two so havemissed various calls!

Matts car
has been taking up the weekends with swapping all the good bits over to Cavmads old 1.7d. Its working pretty much a dream at the moment with 4 rattles in the right places and 3 in wrong places! However there are a long list of minors to fix! Biggest i need help with is the struts are totally passed it! Cavmad. i'll be taking you up on your offer theres no way they can be worse, will arrange to drop you the old interior, battery and other bits once we scrap the car next week!

Anyone else wnats bits from Bury (ish) let me know! Have already had a guy come and collect bits and should be appearing on this forum soon!

My Car
working my ass off to afford various things on the car. Having now done the baby octopus and finally found the daddy octopus i think i'll get it swapped when the engine comes out. Gonna do a whole load of seals and stuff, will run it on the oil out of the 1.7 for a week once rebuilt to catch the real crap then flush and get new stuff!

Marty/Dave
Towbar? Really not in the loop on that, as i understand it, Jon left it but i know nothing about it TBH i can only assume its for Cavmad? Erm, will collect it when i can but with working stupid hours it might be difficult! Can't come this weekend but maybe who ever the recipient is might be going? Any suggestions Jon :D Other than that theres the BXClub/GSF meet in 10 days, i have found another three people to come, looking to get another one (all about to start on this forum before the event!), so you better bring some stickers Marty!

Right, cant think of anything else, being beaten by SWMBO
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

You are going to put used oil in your freshly rebuilt engine?

Vanny, I know POLITICIANS who are not that stupid! Carbon and acid residues together with the microscopic metal swarf will be in there and you would put this in a new engine? You want your bumps felt, especially after spending so much time and money so far.

Don't even consider it. Go and buy a gallon of cheapest oil you can find by all means but don't do that!
M

Post by M »

Vanny - no worries.

Woolyworths do some really cheap and miserable (20/50) oil at £2.49 for 5L which you can use as flushing oil.

BTW - anyone know if Hydraflush will burn in a diesel engine ( I know straight LHM will) Just got a litre left which I was gong to throw in the tank with some cooking oil and old lamp oil.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sounds good to me Vanny. I might have smashed my estate to pices by the time you get here though if I haven`t got the indicators sorted.
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

So are you owning up to this towbar then Cavmad? Does anyone know?
Who is the mysterious superhero? Is it Sarg? Is it Rosmary the telephone operator? Is it Henry the Mild Manered Janitor?

Could Be...... :roll:
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

When/where is the GSF/BX club meet?
Over and out from me
M

Post by M »

Ian_Fearn wrote:When/where is the GSF/BX club meet?
Not been paying attenntion Mr Fern.....
100 Lines, I must pay more attendtion in class....

By Car:
From Junction 6 on the M56, take the A538 towards Wilmslow. 'The Romper' public house is on the left about 900 yds (half mile) down
At the pub turn left, alongside it, then left again into the car park..

Sunday the 25th Sept - 12PM onwards. (Manchester)

We may even make it to the air museum, but I wouldnt bet on it.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

i'll come but i'll be in the Golf! The BX wont make it......
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sorry folks, yes towbar IS mine. I`ll be at the meet but it might not be until later on as I have a football match to manage that day, kick-off is 2.30 and I can`t get out of it.
Vauxhall apologist.
Tim2cv
BXpert

Post by Tim2cv »

what meeting? eh? I actually compute and take in the words when i scan read! Ill go, probably on my way home from the Girlfriends!
Must put LHM in by then!

TIM
2CV6 1986 Dolly

MEHARI 1976

DYANE 6 1981 - GF'S CAR!

www.bx16valve.co.uk/forum

www.myspace.com/tim2cv