help!!

Anything about BXs
RobC
BXpert
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX 16v

help!!

Post by RobC »

hi, long shot but here goes... (cross posted on bxclub too)

i'm lending the bx to a mate next saturday to take his girlfriend on holiday to cornwall (all booked and everything...). unfortunately while i was showing him the idiosyncracies of the beast today, the handbrake cable snapped!

i don't have the equipment to do the job, and i doubt that any of the 3 garages i trust near london will have space before saturday to fit me in (but i'll call them 1st thing tomorrow anyway).

anyone nearish london able to help me out as a matter of urgency?! would be recompensed accordingly with beer tokens of course.

yours hopefully rob.
1991 Citroen BX 16v
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Its actually not a very difficult job - I was surprised how easily it hae in! - If you are buyinga cable a Quinton Hazell one should be considered - they have a heavy re-inforcement where the thing passes through a support near the front wheel. Ordinary ones do not have this re-inforcement - chafe through the outer cable - and - snap. They do however take a couple of years to do this. Cables - £10 - £15.
RobC
BXpert
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX 16v

Post by RobC »

phew, thankfully i've managed to get it booked in this week. thought i may as well have the MoT done as well while i was at it.

many thanks to all for all the offers of assistance anyway!!
1991 Citroen BX 16v