Not a BX, but a friends ZX, now on Ebay

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
adamskibx
BXpert

Not a BX, but a friends ZX, now on Ebay

Post by adamskibx »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-CITROEN-ZX-1 ... dZViewItem

A friend of mine is looking to sell his ZX Elation Turbo D. It is an R reg in metalic bluey green and has about 80,000 on the clock from memory. It drives very well indeed. The paintwork is about the shiniest ive seen on a ZX, but the usual little parking dents are about. Its got Volcane alloys put on from the last owner. The subframe mounts were replaced during his ownership too. As far as I can tell the rear arm bearings look good, and the car rides and handles very smartly indeed. The engine bay is very tidy, as is the interior. The only defect in the interior is the usual, but very slight collapse of the RHS drivers seat bolster. He is putting a new MOT on the car this week, and having looked over the car, I cant see any reason why it will fail, aprt from a tyre that he will replace if it needs it. He paid over £1000 for it a year ago, and has had it serviced a few times sinse. He has also kept it imaculately clean and Autoglymed. I think he wants about £800 for it. If anyone is interested, please PM me and ill pass on his telephone number. The car is located in Worcestershire, The Midlands.

Cheers, Adam
Last edited by adamskibx on Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I'm quite tempted actually, would make a good runaround. If the plan falls through I may well contact him.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Never driven a TD one unfortunately but the plain 1.9D is an excellent and remarkably reliable thing if you're not in a hurry. To be fair it will keep up with traffic but the point I'm making is that they seem remarkably reliable and solid cars, quieter and heavier than a BX with a good ride and excellent handling.

They are actually wider than a BX as well and have a very poor steering lock which can cause some amusement in confined spaces.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

I have been told by my mate that he has advertised the car on the French Car Forum- £720 is the asking price if it gets its 12 months MOT by the sounds of it. The link also has some pictures. Here is the link:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=20125
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

I've had a couple of ZX's but only the 1.4's, and they're plain rubbish! Gutless over geared things.

Got my eye on a Xsara VTS at the moment, but if it falls through I might be ringing him up.

adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Bump, now on ebay
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

I'm out now matey, found a 16v version for peanuts.

Cheers