Bloody marvellous :(

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Bloody marvellous :(

Post by cavmad »

Not only has my BX now thrown it`s hand in (revving it`s nuts off and can`t be stopped until pedal is sorted), I`ve just discovered I`ve broken my finger so can`t fix the bleeding thing (car, not finger!).
Fingers strapped together apparantly for two weeks, won`t that be fun? :evil:
Vauxhall apologist.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Takes skill to damage a finger - I sliced my ring finger on my left hand (I'm right handed) severing the nerve (which fortunately was repaired) - and as I was working in a food factory (I kept the cardboard store) I was signed off for 5 weeks on full pay - and was able to keep the following week when I wasn't required!

Thoroughly enjoyed it!
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Takes skill to damage a finger
It took no skill on my part when I did mine just clumsiness and stupidity.Keep them strapped up too Billy.I didn't and now I'll never get a part in a washing up commercial :shock: :D :D :D
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Strapped up they are, just been to hospital on work`s nurse`s advice. `Complicated fracture` apparantly. I didn`t struggle to break it either, it was at an outdoor adventure playground where adults get involved. I was actually attempting to throw a hefty bloke off the top of a hill and when I managed to chuck him over my shoulders I put my hand back and he landed on it.
I sustained quite a few elbows to various parts of my anatomy (including the worse possible place :shock: ) and came home covered in bruises and with considerably less skin than when I went. Have to say i`d do it all again (not including broken finger) as it was bloody hilarious and I`m pretty certain I didn`t come off worse.
Vauxhall apologist.
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

Play fights always end in tears! :lol:

Bad news matey, seems to easy to break bits! get well soon. :)
The O/H is sick of hearing about BX's! :( And aparently Xantias are 'Didsbury cars' LOLZ
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks, I`ll be feeling a lot better come tomorrow if my doctor is sympathetic to my plight :wink:
Vauxhall apologist.
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Thats Billy's post count about to go vertical :twisted:
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Not neccessarily, unfortunately (fortunately?). I ain`t out the wood just yet :wink:
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Bet you never noticed your fingers had been strapped up untill it was time to say goodnight to your boss. :lol:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

ken newbold wrote:Bet you never noticed your fingers had been strapped up untill it was time to say goodnight to your boss. :lol:
:lol: Excellent, I was trying to think the best way to refer to such a gesture - but that is just perfect! 8)

Best wishes for a fast recovery Cav. ~ale~
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cheers way2go, think it`ll take a little longer than originally thought now :wink:
Vauxhall apologist.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Mr B wrote:Thats Billy's post count about to go vertical :twisted:
Nah, with a bit of luck it'll be his typing finger :shock: :lol:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

The best laid plans of mice and men and all that, things haven`t gone to plan at work :evil:
However, despite struggling to write without a fair bit of pain and inconvenience, my eBay finger is working just fine and to bloody good effect too. Another bargain landed, just the right size to fill the Fiat-less gap outside my garage :wink: :D
I`m also penning another song or two in my spare time (currently about 18 hours per day) :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Broken.

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hi cavmad sorry to hear about the finger and hope it mends well, it could have been worse a friend went on holiday to New Zealand, first day went for a trip litterally, his wife smashed her ankle, spent a week in hospital ,still in a wheel chair. Even worse landing on the goats horns does not even bare thinking about!!!
Cheers.
Geoff.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

I MAY NOT BE ALWAYS RIGHT BUT I AM
NEVER WRONG.