Pedal set wanted!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Pedal set wanted!

Post by cavmad »

As above, quite urgently. Artic has kindly offered me one from his spare car but my current situation (broken finger) means I cannot remove.
Anyone coming to the northern meet who has a spare one already off? Happily pay cash for it if reasonably priced!
Vauxhall apologist.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Have you actually looked at yours and found anything wrong? Well worth getting the carpet up and having a good look. It really is much easier to make a new bracket for the accelerator pedal or re-inforce the existing than to change the whole thing.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

I have one tucked away somewhere but it needs a repair. If you can weld/know a welder then it can probably be fixed with no real trouble. It has a crack in it around the accelerator pivot. If you want a photo I can email you one. I'll have to post it to you. Its from a Mk2/1990
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

I have no problem whipping it off for you, never done one before so i've no idea what it involves, but if it's swear words i know them all.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

They're easy enough to get off, two 11mm (I think) nuts and then two slightly arkward allen screws facing uphill into the dash framework. Withdraw the box unclipping the clutch cable as you do so.

Make sure you've undone to clutch cable at the gearbox end and the throttle cable at the pedal end before you start.

Refitting is just the reverse but a bit arkward to ensure to clutch cable is correctly seated as you refit.
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

ken newbold wrote:They're easy enough to get off, two 11mm (I think) nuts
Yes, they're 11mm; they hold the doseur valve.
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Many thanks Bx Bandit, I think I`m sorted now. Artic, if your very kind offer still stands I`d Be eXtremely grateful as I need to get my car back on the road urgently, many thanks.
I`ll happily give you some beer tokens by the way.
Vauxhall apologist.