BX TZD 1.9TD-much reduced!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

BX TZD 1.9TD-much reduced!

Post by cavmad »

Due to the recent (mechanical) addition the TZD has to go. Generally a nice, straight tidy car that sounds/runs very well. Good body and paint work, full leather interior, electric windows and sunroof (all working), towbar and electrics (untested), silver alloys, glove box unbroken etc.
It`ll need probably four tyres (195-60-14`s) and an ABS sensor for MOT that I know of.
It started life as a 1.7TD but was converted by last owner using a brand new Peugot 1.9TD motor, you might want to bear in mind conversion when considering insurance thought it has 16V brakes apparantly.
It`s taking up valuable garage space and I just can`t see me getting round to doing anything with it in the next few months and it`s a waste of a nice car. Pro inspection/off road test drive welcome and if anyone from far away wants a second opinion then please feel free to find some local or nearer to inspect it and send you a private pm or e-mail with their findings.
£250 no offers, leather isn`t perfect but if you saw the car it`d probably break for more money than this. I really would like to see it saved for someone to enjoy driving.
Please no sarcastic comments or silly remarks, it`s a genuine car for a genuine buyer if that makes sense.
Oh, can deliver within about 40 ish miles for a reasonable cost, car and delivery to be paid up front though.
Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

A BX TD uses the same brakes as a 16v mate, they're std Bendix just of the vented sort with ABS. So no mods there :)

To be totally honest I'd just switch the engine numbers over....the factory spec difference is 4bhp the engines look nigh on identical. A BX TD is far from a quick car, and neither is a 1.9TD...the insurance companies wouldn't give it a second thought and in fairness it would hardly be taking the mick. Its not like you installed a 3.0 V6 with twin turbos in and didn't say anything.

I'll probably open a can of worms saying that, but its relevant to the thread. Last time Billy tried to sell this everyone got into a ruck over how difficult it would be to own. I seriously doubt it would be difficult, and if you are going to inform the authorities tell them its from a 306 TD....they're ins grp 5.

But all in all a good car for someone here. Its the engine the BX always should have had, even if it was introduced as the BX was in the last stages of life! :lol:

If you're viewing this quietly and considering it, go and have a look.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

Here here Kitch, I've seen it & I'm tempted it's a very nice car
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks chaps, quite a few members of this forum have seen it now! I was told it had 16V brakes by the previous owner, Kitch but I`ll certainly take your word about them as you have a lot of experience with them (16V`s).
Vauxhall apologist.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Saw it yesterday,it's a very nice car
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

16 valve brakes use the same pads as ALL other BX, , a very similar caliper to all others - except that it is wider to accomodate a ventilated disc - and of course the ventilated disc itself.
Adam
BXpert

Post by Adam »

I can vouch from seeing it at the meet that it is a very nice car, one for re-animation perhaps?
Previously Owned
1988 19DTR
1991 17TZD
1987 19GTI (Dads)
1992 17DTR (Mums)
Currently
1991 19TGD
1991 TZD Turbo (Breaking)
"Graculus" 1990 TGD Turbo (Restoring)
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Adam wrote:I can vouch from seeing it at the meet that it is a very nice car, one for re-animation perhaps?
I think this one has been covered already.It was going to cost an arm and a leg to insure:-OK if it's an automatic :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Kitch wrote:A BX TD uses the same brakes as a 16v mate, they're std Bendix just of the vented sort with ABS. So no mods there :)
Er, I may be reading this wrong kitch but TD's dont have vented discs. Only valvers had vented discs......

If that is what you've said then I'll shut up now!!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Would consider a deal/part ex, car/van/bike/scooter/why. Whatever it is will end up being sold again.
In fact if anyone can find me a mint cab or set of doors plus bonnet plus exhaust for a 609D Mercedes commercial we can definately deal if wanted.
I believe the 709D and some of the 507,811 and 814 models are the same.
Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

docchevron1472 wrote:
Kitch wrote:A BX TD uses the same brakes as a 16v mate, they're std Bendix just of the vented sort with ABS. So no mods there :)
Er, I may be reading this wrong kitch but TD's dont have vented discs. Only valvers had vented discs......

If that is what you've said then I'll shut up now!!

Cheers
Chris G

AFAIK Chris, all BX TD's with ABS had vented discs, although I could be wrong. They're the same diameter etc and same pads but wider caliper. But then thinking about it some GTI 8v's had ABS and they're solid discs aren't they?

You know what I don't know myself now! :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

never seen a standard TD with vented discs, however all of the known 1.9TD's have vented discs :D Really was only the 16v that had vented and the caliper frame to match, and it really DOES make a difference to the longevity of braking, so far i haven't baked the discs on the 16v but the 19rd used to end up smoking all the time (and that was on bendix plates and pads!
Tim2cv
BXpert

Post by Tim2cv »

Is this the car that was parked along the front of the garages by your pickup? Seemed ok from what i saw of it. smart looking too!
Insurance is a black art, stricktly speaking you should tell them about everything from better speakers and CD players to alloys (even if Citroen) etc... most insurers dont car even if you tell them... and since the later BX had these engines i think then who cares! If i was into oil burners it wouldnt bother me!

TIMMY 8)
2CV6 1986 Dolly

MEHARI 1976

DYANE 6 1981 - GF'S CAR!

www.bx16valve.co.uk/forum

www.myspace.com/tim2cv
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

That`s the one, Tim. Looks a heck of a lot cleaner since you last saw it though and is now firmly ensconced in my garage. I have trade insurance and would have been covered to drive it.
It`ll be a decent car for somebody and I`ll deliver for a very reasonable rate within 40-ish miles.
Vauxhall apologist.
Tim2cv
BXpert

Post by Tim2cv »

now you have the garage space !
Delivery is very very reasonable too! Thanks!

TIM
2CV6 1986 Dolly

MEHARI 1976

DYANE 6 1981 - GF'S CAR!

www.bx16valve.co.uk/forum

www.myspace.com/tim2cv