BX TZD 1.9TD-much reduced!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Kitch wrote: AFAIK Chris, all BX TD's with ABS had vented discs, although I could be wrong.
You know what I don't know myself now! :lol:
Fraid so dude. It was only 16v's that had vented discs, ever.
From new of course, all my fleet run vented discs including dads TD Auto.
Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

cavmad wrote: In fact if anyone can find me a mint cab or set of doors plus bonnet plus exhaust for a 609D Mercedes commercial we can definately deal if wanted.
I believe the 709D and some of the 507,811 and 814 models are the same.
I've been trying to find bits at reasonable prices but they be hard to come by Sir Cavmad!
The barbie liveried bonnet we had in the 'bus shed' has been thrown out at some stage by one of the group that thought it was junk :shock:

Will keep trying dude!
Cheers
Chris G

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks Chris, much appreciated.
Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

docchevron1472 wrote:
Kitch wrote: AFAIK Chris, all BX TD's with ABS had vented discs, although I could be wrong.
Cheers
Chris G
To reward you for being right then Chris you can help my fit a new steering rack to the valver :lol:

*Hijack over*
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

eBay beckons, really don`t want to go down that route :cry: An interesting swap or part ex might tempt me, what have you got? (serious answers only please!)
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Why not get the thing MOT'd and then it'll be worth money. You know as we all know, cars with no MOT are almost worthless. No matter how good they look.

My estate car even as nice as it was has cost me a few shillings to get to MOT standard (full details to follow shortly) and I have access to quite a pile of spare parts.

Surely it'd be better than going down the ebay route, as with no test you might not even get your money back. :(
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I know Ken, and I very nearly did take it for test but as usual other things got in the way.
It`s down to finances (again) and other more pressing things which demand my cash, unfortunately.
Vauxhall apologist.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Kitch wrote: To reward you for being right then Chris you can help my fit a new steering rack to the valver :lol:

*Hijack over*

*Hijack continued*

Why in gawds name would you want to replace the whole rack? There an over engineered purely mechanical system that DOESNT FAIL at very worst you might find a little wear in the pinion mechanism after a couple hundred thousand miles, at worst!

Hell i'm the rack murdering expert, all the hydraulics are bolt off the rack efforts and dont actually effect the rack mechanism it's self!

Dont change the rack, your too young to go through that pain, and you'll need the proper shimming tool !
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Kitch wrote:
docchevron1472 wrote:
Cheers
Chris G
To reward you for being right then Chris you can help my fit a new steering rack to the valver :lol:

*Hijack over*
No worries dude! Changing a rack is fairly easy on a bx. The XM's another matter altogether! (I've done both several times!)
Like Vanny said though, it's probly the pinion that needs doing, if your at stratford I'll gladly have a look! Hell, if theres some ramps there we'll change the bu**er on site!

Cheers
Chris G

docchevron

Post by docchevron »

cavmad wrote:eBay beckons, really don`t want to go down that route :cry: An interesting swap or part ex might tempt me, what have you got? (serious answers only please!)
I've got an XR2 to go on E-bay (not mine you understand) and the coach has to go so that'll be on there too unless you want in part ex Billy?
I reckon you'd need to find about £2500 on top mind! :shock: :D
Sorry, I know you said serious offers only, I couldn't resist!! Mrs Cavmad might love a 37 year old 36foot 9 ton coach?!? :roll:
Cheers
Chris G

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I`d love a 37 year old coach, I`d remove all seats except the drivers and the very back row and take her on holiday in it.
Imagine the bliss of cruising down Britain`s highways without her bending my ear about looking out for cyclists and telling me to stop laughing at BMW drivers on the hard shoulder? :lol:

Back on topic, whilst it`d be a crying shame I`d break if if the engine was sold first.
Vauxhall apologist.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

cavmad wrote:Back on topic, whilst it`d be a crying shame I`d break if if the engine was sold first.
it would be a shame indeed, but then I don't think you'll find many people who want the engine, as you can pick up a 1.9TD engine with a free MOT'd Xantia/405 around it for between £50 and £100, and drive it home.

I know your original post said £250 no offers, but what would you actually take to have it removed asap?
this might be a signature
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

With respect David right at the moment it would still be £250. God forbid it ever came to it but I could keep the leather, and the alloys (in very nice nick except the tyres) plus a whole host of other bits could be sold off , keep some for parts and then weigh the shell in and quite probably fetch at least £250 if not more back for it.
I will reiterate that this would be the very, very last resort, and a home where it will be saved is top priority though for the asking price it can go to whoever.
No room in my heart or wallet for sentiments I`m afraid, least not for a car.
Vauxhall apologist.
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

I guessed you were MOTing it for the meet and perhaps going to run it, can't take much for an MOT, borrow the wheels off your other for the MOT man. if it passes i might even reconsider it, even if i do have the 16v devil on one shoulder! :shock:
The O/H is sick of hearing about BX's! :( And aparently Xantias are 'Didsbury cars' LOLZ
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I took it up (across?) to the meeting on my recovery truck, Mark. I`ve also realised I have three potentially very expensive to repair vehicles which need urgent work. Alas the TZD is now back to the bottom of the list, along with the poorly BX estate. In fact, talking of the estate, that might be for sale soon too.
Vauxhall apologist.