CCC@Stratford upon Avon

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Vanny wrote:yeah well, sod ya! I blew up my engine so there was chance of me getting there,
For goodness sake Vanny, get a 17TZD or at least buy Billy's motor, you know you deserve it. :D
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Vanny do you want this interior stuff or do you want me to chuck it mate as its cluttering up my garage.
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Sod it!

Last year I foolishly suggested 20 November for the Coventry meet, forgetting that this was SWMBO's birthday.

This year I've been making plans for Stratford, forgetting that 15th September is our wedding anniversary.

I might just have been able to sell the trip to SWMBO, were it not for the fact that she is flying in from Russia especially for three days, and will probably not want to hang out with a load of electro-mechanical obsessives....

But I'll try...... :D Maybe see you there.

I suppose I could engineer a massive row on Friday evening, and storm out of the house for three days....
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

while convincing her wont be easy, my recent experiences tell me that even the least car loving chicks can usually find something to do, and she wont be the only girl either!

She may even enjoy it :shock: or teach me russian if she's bored :D
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Oscar wrote:.

I might just have been able to sell the trip to SWMBO, were it not for the fact that she is flying in from Russia especially for three days, and will probably not want to hang out with a load of electro-mechanical obsessives....

But I'll try...... :D Maybe see you there.

I suppose I could engineer a massive row on Friday evening, and storm out of the house for three days....
While I'm not suggesting for a second that your good lady wife is anything other than the perfect woman, I always found in previous relationships if I couldn't get what I wanted then it was a simple 4 step process to make her come round to my way of thinking!
1; No.4 shovel
2; back of head
3; roll of carpet
4; mendips
:D :D :D

Of course you may have to find another location since I'm rapidly filling the mendips up!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Nice one Doc, only if I did that it would just annoy her even more :lol:
Vanny, you know Ken makes the most sense on here, it`s time you heeded his advice :lol:
Kitch, what estate is this? I didn`t realise you had one, sorry.

All, Sundays from now on could be tricky (junior football season starts this weekend) though I wouldn`t rule out a Saturday. Only thing is I might not have a BX to go in, least not a roadworthy one.
Vauxhall apologist.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

cavmad wrote:Vanny, you know Ken makes the most sense on here, it`s time you heeded his advice :lol:

Screw you all! My car survived major over heating (no water in the rad for in excess of 11 miles at 40 mph at best) and is running almost fine again! so Nerghhhhhh

On the plus side, god i love driving the BX, what is it that makes the AX and the pug 405 suck so much! However, sadly, i think my second favourite ride might actually by the Ford Transit :shock: :shock: or maybe i just like to cut people up :lol: ?
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

OK, SWMBO has given agreement in principle. Let's see how that works out in practice. Who's going on Saturday and are there any plans to meet?

O
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Cant do Saturday as Im working Sunday pm for me unfortuantly
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Oscar wrote:OK, SWMBO has given agreement in principle. O

Hurrah! Well played that man!

The boy Fearn and i will be there all weekend, and i think Oilly will be too! We've had a crash course in behaviour at these things and are armed with stakes, bunting and red & white tape, we will be VERY easy to find im sure!
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

Oscar wrote:OK, SWMBO has given agreement in principle. Let's see how that works out in practice. Who's going on Saturday and are there any plans to meet?

O
I'll be going Sunday. From past experience, that's when most of the action is, and when most of the bargains are. Saturday generally seems to consist of trips off site.
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I will defo be there in my SD1 as she passed her MOT today finally :D :D :D :D
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

tim leech wrote:I will defo be there in my SD1 as she passed her MOT today finally :D :D :D :D
Congratulations Tim, but this is supposed to be a Citroen rally :-$
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I know Ken but its the SD1 spares day in the morning about 40 mies from Stratford, and if I was to go home, swop the SD1 for the Xantia (bx is not moted) I wouldnt get there in time.

And as Ive spent a few quid getting the SD1 roadlegal I want to use it before her winter hibernation (Oct-March).
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

Don't worry Tim. They let ':oops: other makes :oops:' in. You just need to park round the back where no-one can see you...

Now, taking the Xantia to the SD1 rally would be a totally different matter :D
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT