The Competition

Anything about BXs
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

I can understand the buying of a 'tina...........

V8's fit in them real easy :-)

Go on........
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

MK1 16V Anyone?
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

tim leech wrote:MK1 16V Anyone?
All the developments and best bits of a late 16v and all the raw styling of a mk1, has anyone actually done it? it would take a BX fan like one of you guys!

Stinkwheel, it did cross my mind naturally, but not for this one... yet! Funny cos i did see a turbo 2.3 us pinto FS which gave some silly ideas! :shock: :D :lol:
The O/H is sick of hearing about BX's! :( And aparently Xantias are 'Didsbury cars' LOLZ
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Mike E (uk) wrote:Anorak on, glasses to tilt....

The story goes that Ford increased the standard Sierra L rep-mobile ( in dark blue) from 1.6 to 1.8 litres, because the 1.6 Cavalier L (in glacer white) gave a respectable 90hp.
Mike
You are, I believe correct in thinking the introduction of the 1.8 was connected to reps (& allocated company cars in general) but more to do with a move of the taxation break from 1.6 to 1.8 when the lower 1.4 break was introduced. This rule change by the taxman also was persuasive to those eligible for a 2.0 to choose a 1.8 instead and theoretically reducing polution.

BTW, why the reference to colour? :o It's not a regimented thing for company cars as even when a choice isn't available, the provision will usually be from the next batch at the dealers direct or via a leasing company at the replacement date/mileage. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Reanimation`s (missus`s) Cortina is a little belter. Very solid and well worth light restoration. A good scrub up, some light work and probably the infamous void bushes and I reckon he`ll be about there.
Way2go, I`d guess the `colour `remarks were because most rep mobile seemed to be a certain colour.
The Mk3 Cavalier 1.6L nearly always seemed to be in red or white with the rep`s round here!
IIRC early Sierra`s had the (1.6) Pinto engine (complete with obligatory cam rattle!) and some later ones had the CVH engine?
I had a 2.3 diesel once, truly, earth shatteringly appalling and all the appeal of a 2nd hand dog plop.
I also (very briefly) owned a 2.3 Ghia (manual) Mk4 Cortina that was a right old laugh.
Vauxhall apologist.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Reanimation,
oh how cool would a best of early and late BX's cobbled together be, nice... *goes back to fantasy island* Laughing Razz Razz Razz Laughing
You're not the only one! My 19 TXD was a fantastic car, but the Pug 309 dash pissed me off. I'd have liked it a LOT more if it had had a Mk 1 BX "lego" dash!
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

[quote]BTW, why the reference to colour?

Cavmad got it.

It is a long time ago now,

but as I remember: in the 80's the Sierras were mostly blue
and the Cavaliers were mostly white.

Mike
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

(Slightly off topic) my dad had a Cavalier Mk2 SR 1.6 (mega rare now) as a company car. Got it in a hurry because we were going on holiday. Ten days later (two or three days before we got back) they discontinued the SR and bought out the 1.8 SRi as a replacement.
I don`t know who was more peed off, my dad for missing out or me because I ultimately learnt to drive (and passed my test) in the SR :cry:
Shouldn`t complain though, the SR was still a fantastic car and I`d previously cut my teeth in his facelifted Talbot Alpine :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

I need a better camera and some lighting in here but it means that this is a model of a rep mobile, crazy!

The O/H is sick of hearing about BX's! :( And aparently Xantias are 'Didsbury cars' LOLZ
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Looks like the slightly later (`88 ish?) facelifted Sierra by the bumpers and bonnet?
Vauxhall apologist.
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

no idea but its a 2.3 ghia mk1. purhased from the best museum ever, toy museum Scotland! :D
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

The MK1 Ghia did have different bumpers and bigger headlamps to the more basic cars, when was the last tme you saw a MK1 Sierra 2.3 GHIA, in the obligatary bronze metallic!
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

If you want to make the Cortina handle and ride spectacularily put the 'S' pack springs on it. These are extremely stiff - and give an excellent ride and flat cornering - I had them on a late 2000 GT MK 111 and everyone who rode in it saiud how much better it was than their shiny new 1600's.

In fact it felt rather like a Porsch 924 - and suffered from a similar lack or power!

Original GT had spring rates about double those of a saloon - and for facelift original GT springs were used throught the range - and GT ones were doubled again! Other curious thing was that I never replaced any void bushes.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I really should get off my arse and go and see if a Cortina Mk4 `S` is still languishing in a yard about twelve miles from here. One of the few Mk4`s that I didn`t own, always fancied one but you juust never see them now.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

This car is for sale still guys it didnt get sold due to the buyer wanting a smaller engine.

11.5 Months MOT VGC, needs a fuel sender and maybe the front discs changing, 23k genune miles with ford history,all the MOTS etc paints very dull but will cutback, no rust though, Power Steering etc

BEST OFFER OVER £250, nothing less please.