J reg 1.9TGD esatae, black

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
dunx.wantok
Confirmed BX'er

J reg 1.9TGD esatae, black

Post by dunx.wantok »

I have decided to get rid of my BX, I am afraid. It is a black 1.9 TGD, with 150K on the clock. Experts on this forum have diagnosed it as having a blown head gasket, and needing a new accumulator sphere. MOT to beginning of December, no Tax. A couple little bumps, broken hinges on the glove box, and a repaired (one 'hinge') boot cover lid thingy.

3 owners (inc me). Last one had it 14 years, and must have got rid when the head gasket went. I didn't notice, and bought it. D'oh!

Any offers? It will need collecting from Cheltenham. I can get photos of it this weekend if there is any interest.
"She told me again she preferred handsome men, but for me she would make an exception" (L. Cohen)
dunx.wantok
Confirmed BX'er

Post by dunx.wantok »

I took some photos, and will try posting them now.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
"She told me again she preferred handsome men, but for me she would make an exception" (L. Cohen)
dunx.wantok
Confirmed BX'er

Post by dunx.wantok »

It has a pretty much new starter motor, alternator and exhaust pipe (all but the down pipe). It seems like the previous owner undersealed it as well. Seems a shame to scrap it, but I will have to if there is no interest.

Bumps and bruises are minimal as shown in photos above, all of which can be seen larger at my own web site: http://www.wantok.co.uk/photos/bx/. Just click on a picture on my web site to view it larger.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Factory alloys!
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

It would be a shame to scrap it, I've never seen a BLACK estate car before.

I don't think I'd bother doing the head gasket, just drop another engine in, straight out of a 205 :D

The problem is I'm too far away and now I've taken the latest estate on board I'm pretty well full up. :(

Really wish I could help.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Thats grey, not black! :lol:

I like it through. Shame I have no space.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
dunx.wantok
Confirmed BX'er

Post by dunx.wantok »

Officially I believe it is black. I would have to dig the log book out to check. However, in pub arguments it has been described as grey, antracite, charcoal, carbon... The names get wilder as more beer flows. :D
dunx.wantok
Confirmed BX'er

Post by dunx.wantok »

I should mention the remote keypad for the central locking and alarm all works as well.

Anyone tempted?