Citroen C6

Anything about BXs
Calfskin
Confirmed BX'er

Citroen C6

Post by Calfskin »

Hi peeps.

Just read in the Autocar about the new C6, and I'll tell you what, I want one! What a lovely design and an engine! A 3.0 V6 HDi??? That should be awesome.

Shame depreciation and image will no doubt put it beside the Peugeot 607/Alfa 167 & Vauxhall Signum. However, I think it'll grow old gracefully and eventually along side the Renault Vel Satis/Avantime become true classics.

Mind you to be honest, I even thought (for about a second) of selling Rene & Kenny (my 100) and the next 10 years holidays and the kids' college funds and put a deposit down but the missus would kill me and I forgot, I don't have any kids yet... But hey, we can all but dream... LOL
RIP Rene, 1992 - 2006.
He was the best car I ever owned.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I was really enthusiastic about this car until I saw the interior. It screams mk2 cavalier at me!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

I thought massive depreciation was one of its potential good points as it will mean that enthusiasts can get one within living memory.

I'll be interested to see if the engines are thought to be big enough when it hits the road, and hope it doesn't end up like the XM for which latterly there was no really good reason to buy one as BMW etc cost about the same.

It always surprises me that the French don't change the tax rules so that they can make cars with bigger engines to compete with their rivals - or make larger export only engines.

Jeremy
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Kitch wrote:I was really enthusiastic about this car until I saw the interior. It screams mk2 cavalier at me!
:roll: How dare you `dis` one of my favourite cars! If the interior looks like a MK2 Cav it must be a selling point. 100 lines please......`The Mk2 Cavalier is a classic icon of a car and all new cars should be based on one` :lol:

Know what you mean about your missus killing you if you ordered one though. I`m desperate to get my hands on a new Triumph Bonny but Mrs Cavmad says no-and that`s the end of it apparantly :cry:
They just don`t get it do they? It`s o.k spending money on silly things like rent, food and stuff for the house but as soon as you suggest something sensible like a car or bike that you can`t really afford they get all hot under the collar.
Vauxhall apologist.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

I was really enthusiastic about this car until I saw the interior. It screams mk2 cavalier at me!
Are there any interior pics online somewhere? I just can't imagine a Citroen/Vauxhall melange....
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I have a recurring nightmare concerning early cavalier interiors, I mean a red steering wheel :) mind you a 3 litre HDI sounds nice, will it fit a BX :D Vanny!
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Calfskin
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Calfskin »

Dunno about online pics. Perhaps on the Citroen website.

I never thought about that aspect of depreciation. Perhaps I don't have to give up the yet to be born kid's college funds and only 5 years holidays LOL.

She can be a pain at times. I mentioned last month that I thought about going for my CBT and buying me self a Moto Guzzi V11 but she put her foot down and no, instead we had to buy a new washing machine. They are sooooo boring. LOL. She has a good side though, only last night she declared that she thought we should buy a real Mini Cooper.

Unfortunately, that means Kenny would have to go and the costs of decent late plate Coopers means that the Calfskin household will have to pass on that for now. LOL
RIP Rene, 1992 - 2006.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

My partner was thrilled when I replaced her Mini with a ZX 1.9D - much cheaper to run, works properly, quiet, gearboxes dont fail for no apparent reason, has power steering, nice heater and sunshine roof and looks better than it did when we bought it 3 years ago with no body maintenance apart from polishing!

Mini's were quite good in 1958 but should have been put down in 1970!

Jeremy
Calfskin
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Calfskin »

There is a cool microsite for the C6 here; http://www.c6.citroen.com/uk/

I still think its fabulous. Worrying thing is they've priced it inline with BMWs et al so it probably won't be a huge seller here as most people in that market seem to have no individualism. Which is a shame, as on looks alone it should succeed. Mind you, so should the Alfa 167, a truly beautiful work of art. Life is cruel. LOL
RIP Rene, 1992 - 2006.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Loads of pictures showing up on Google images search C6 - even a Renault Vel Satis interior.

What Car described the Renault as 'Yet another large French car no one wants to buy!'

Jeremy
Calfskin
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Calfskin »

Unfortunately, unless it carries a blue and white propeller or a 3 pointed star then its destined to failure. Its good that some manufacturers still try and compete and try something a little different. Although with cars like the Avantime and the Signum, there really is no point. Still, atleast you can pick up a Signum 2.0 turbo Elegance for under £14k here brand new.

Hopefully Citroen sees sense and cuts the price slightly, it may have the technology and the looks to compete with the establishment but it hasn't the image. It is better than the boring 607 atleast.

Atleast, this is a large French car I want to buy. :). Never thought I'd say that though. LMAO.

Calf
RIP Rene, 1992 - 2006.
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

No point in the AVANTIME?

That's fighting talk! THis is one of the most beautiful big saloons of all time. THe Renault Vel Insipid was so watered down from the concept car that it failed. The Avantime cost too much to make but I'd have one as soon as I could afford it.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

The interior in the C6 looks nothing like a Cav Mk2. Maybe a tiny bit like a Cav Mk3, but not really.

The side profile of the C6 is almost pure CX, and I like the idea of a head-up display, but the back of the car looks awful, and it doesn't look like you can have a manual box.

Plus... whatever happened to the citroen tradition of a partly concealed rear wheel?
this might be a signature
M

Post by M »

Just to add my two pen'orth.

EWWWWWWWWWWW ::shock:

Will stick to my Xantia thank you.