CCC@Stratford upon Avon

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I had a good day actually. The event itself to be fair was a bit lame. The people working the tannoy made Radio 4 look like a rave, there wasn't much in the way of stalls and autojumble but it was good to meet up with people again, so overall a thumbs up from me seeing as it was a good drive in the country home and a cheap day.

Gotta be worth it for the photo alone! Or the reaction I got from Chris G when I told him there were free bottles of Ale in the boot of the GT....I've never seen someone move towards a BX so quickly!
Last edited by Kitch on Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

:D :D
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thanks Chris, its been a labour of love for 9 years and counting, she returned 25mpg for a V8 thats great and it did turn a few heads some frowns aswell! Now if you could make a 16v sound like a V8! :D
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

Kitch wrote:I had a good day actually. The event itself to be fair was a bit lame. The people working the tannoy made Radio look like a rave, there wasn't much in the way of stalls and autojumble but it was good to meet up with people again, so overall a thumbs up from me seeing as it was a good drive in the country home and a cheap day.
To be fair, we need to remember this was a rally, specifically organised for members of the Midlands section of CCC to get together once a year.

It wasn't a classic car show.....
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

tim leech wrote:Thanks Chris, its been a labour of love for 9 years and counting, she returned 25mpg for a V8 thats great and it did turn a few heads some frowns aswell! Now if you could make a 16v sound like a V8! :D
I can make a 16v sound as good as that. I admit only when its flat out and climbing past 4.5k :lol: :P
To get it sounding as good at idle, while blipping the throttle, on the over run, at 1k revs, 2k revs, 3k revs and so on.....I'm still working on it :lol:

(I think I'm fighting a losing battle :( )

Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Baldbazza wrote:
Kitch wrote:I had a good day actually. The event itself to be fair was a bit lame. The people working the tannoy made Radio look like a rave, there wasn't much in the way of stalls and autojumble but it was good to meet up with people again, so overall a thumbs up from me seeing as it was a good drive in the country home and a cheap day.
To be fair, we need to remember this was a rally, specifically organised for members of the Midlands section of CCC to get together once a year.

True enough. But surely the members would want more to do?
That said, they have a parade or something on the Saturday and some were there Friday night, so we probably only saw the winding down of it all.

Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Kitch wrote:
Baldbazza wrote:

True enough. But surely the members would want more to do?
That said, they have a parade or something on the Saturday and some were there Friday night, so we probably only saw the winding down of it all.
That's why I didn't go.There's bugger all to do for family people(like myself)I would have loved to have gone down and meet some of the people from this great site,but my daughter comes first.I've been on the Northern Section commitee for about 10 years and have tried to get the organisers to consider the needs of family people,to no avail.That's why this year will be my last as a committee member
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

Yes, I've always thought that CCC events are a bit lacking (cars and cameraderie aside). I went to Brooklands on a day when the Alvis Owners Club was meeting - they had trials, manoeuering and stuff like that. Always thought that CCC events should contain something involving cars moving, especially given the special suspension. But then I've never volunteered to organise anything so I'll shut up!
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

CCC

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Ah not a bad day there were some very very smart cars, Tim heard your car prior to you leaving and oh boy it sounded great. There is nothing that sounds like a V8 ( 0r a VW beetle). Looked very nice too.
Yes it would have been nice to have a little movement but I guess that was probably not on because of insurance problems.
I hope everyone got home safely, did you sell the Lucas pump Vanny????? Still think that £5 was too much.
Cheers all.
Geoff.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

I MAY NOT BE ALWAYS RIGHT BUT I AM
NEVER WRONG.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Kitch wrote: Or the reaction I got from Chris G when I told him there were free bottles of Ale in the boot of the GT....I've never seen someone move towards a BX so quickly!
Indeed! :D Bl**dy nice it was too. Thanx to your good selves for providing such fine ale, I'd had the low alcohol warning light on for some time before you arrived. (note to self, next year take 30pints!)

Agreed, it was a bit bland but the conversation was good and the bx line up was very impressive (My car doesn't actually look too bad from a great distance).

I think doing it as a social meeting for one day is the way to do it, unless, like me, you're a drunk and need to sleep in a field or risk the long arm of pc knacker of the yard!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Agreed! Personally I think we should make more attempts at socials like that, perhaps just within this club.

Not that I've got a BX to use for the time being! :( Could use grey one when its running, but its supposed to be being sold!

Captain Slow
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Captain Slow »

Kitch wrote:Agreed! Personally I think we should make more attempts at socials like that, perhaps just within this club.

Not that I've got a BX to use for the time being! :( Could use grey one when its running, but its supposed to be being sold!
There is still the estate...I need to add some more miles onto it. :lol:
Citroen C4 VTS
Citroen BX Estate 19RD
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Captain Slow wrote:
Kitch wrote:Agreed! Personally I think we should make more attempts at socials like that, perhaps just within this club.

There is still the estate...I need to add some more miles onto it. :lol:
It has to hit 200k by the end of the year. :idea:

BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Anyone up for camping then??? I know of a couple of campsites in the midlands, one in particular with a good Ale pub 1/2 a mile down the old canal tow path. We could even secure a small field if we have enough of us??
God, the amount of tinkering if Doc gets his way...we'll have to tie him up on an ale drip....Gimp like :!: :lol: :wink: 8)
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

It might be difficult rigging safety barrier along half a mile of canal :)
but a camping meet sounds excellent, I suppose we need to wait until April or so, then we need conetsts, concours, parllel parking, etc, barbie, pies :) beer, beer,
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft