16v phase 2 (anthracite) alloys for sale (no tyres)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
djoptix
BXpert

16v phase 2 (anthracite) alloys for sale (no tyres)

Post by djoptix »

Hello BX types, I have ventured over from the 16v forum to see if anyone wants these... I picked them up as a bonus with a bunch of other 16v parts, but don't need the wheels as I am a hardened 16v phase 1 owner.

There are four alloys which came to me looking very tatty but I have cleaned them up and they look pretty good. Two are in good condition with fairly clean silver rim. One is in OK condition but the rim shows some corrosion, and one is the same as this but with a bit of corrosion on the anthracite centre of the wheel.

All have centre caps.

So here is the best wheel, looking all nice and shiny

Here is the worst one looking all corroded

And here they all are together

Make me an offer by PM if interested!
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Nobody?

If there's really no interest I'll ebay them or mothball them at my parents' place. I want £25 for the lot, to cover the bother of picking them up and polishing them, if you come round with tyre levers! I really don't know what they're worth mind, so if that's stupidly cheap or expensive then flame me.

Can post more detailed pictures.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Where are you?
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

(Flame him first, Dean, you might get them cheaper :lol: ).

DJ, take it you want the tyres removing first?
Vauxhall apologist.
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

cavmad wrote:(Flame him first, Dean, you might get them cheaper :lol: )
The cheek! :wink:

Yeah I do, but only because I don't have any big tyre levers up here. I'm going down to my parents' place next weekend, so I might take them down there and take the tyres off then. Depends if anyone is interested really. They might look good on my 16v... but then again if I put them on I should really sell my phase 1 alloys, and I want to keep it original.

So I'm in Manchester, and around Sep 30th I will be heading down South, M6 and M5 as far as the M50 junction, then across into Herefordshire, and could meet on the way or the way back.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I have tyre levers and TL bar here, DJ, if you`re stuck but it`s a right royal pain in the arse removing tyres from alloy wheels using this method. The beads are much harder to break and giving the TL bar a good old bashing can damage/mark the rims. I`m not too far away if you want to give it a go.
Have you got a home for the tyres by the way, or would you consider selling them?
Vauxhall apologist.
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

I was planning on keeping the tyres and ditching the rims :( this is starting to look like a less attractive proposition, if it's that difficult to get the tyres off them.

Maybe I should just sell the lot, as I'm looking for some Pug 205 1.9 alloys for my BX anyway. The tyres on these are really good though, only had a month's use reportedly and the tread is pretty much 100%... perhaps the 'bay is the best place for em.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

I have a vision of the anthracite bits painted to match the car.Trying to work out if they'd look good or sh*te.Then there's the question of tyres.I may be interested,let me think about it
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

PM on way Mr Djoptix.
Vauxhall apologist.
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Got PM cav, thanks, will let you know, just going to see how much the tyres themselves are worth.

...anyway I've decided these are probably going to be sold with the tyres, they've got to go! Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the wheels themselves and I'm really pleased at how they've come up after a bit of work... but I just don't like the look of them on the phase 1, it looks like it's trying to be something it's not.

I think dark alloys need good paint, and mine is pink :D silver all the way for me, and I definitely want some 205 alloys so I reckon I can let these go.

Had another look at the tyres and they're honestly almost unworn. They are Kleber Dynaxer 195s.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Grand job, let`s see what happens!
Vauxhall apologist.
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Right - Mr Cavmad doesn't want them so they are up for grabs. I'd like about £75 the lot, you can haggle me if you want because I need them gone.

I think that price is fair though, as the tyres are like new.

Pick em up from sunny Manchester or I will meet somewhere nearish. Especially if a pint is involved. :)
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Are the bolts included?
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

No bolts I'm afraid - the wheels were off the car when I got hold of them...

These are now provisionally SOLD to Mr Barnsley. :)
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Anybody got any bolts please
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD