New member with a BX txd

Anything about BXs
peteh

New member with a BX txd

Post by peteh »

Hello all, just thought id introduce myself and my BX, been searching for a bargain turbo diesel BX since last December when i sold my faithful TZD, 22000 miles in 17 months, i had to sell it to put funds together to buy a 7 seat brat carrier!! But i yearned for another BX. About a month ago my friend said he'd bought a BX Diesel saloon with no MOT, i managed to get it off him in exchange for a nasty maroon Nova, me thinks i got the better deal. After a good half hour checking the BX over i found it wanted a CV boot and a small welding repair where the rear exhaust box hangs. I am now enjoying this car very much, Metallic dark grey TXD 1.7 its done 130000 miles, very quick car, quicker than my last BX and a pretty good example, and being as how my lovely wife introduced me to the joy of the internet, i can be part of an excellent club that caters for these cars. Below is a link for my new baby, enjoy cheers. Peter H.
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/terror ... pg&.src=ph
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Excellent, welcome to the Club! :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Hi, Pete! Nice looking car, sounds like you had a very good deal. Welcome along from me too!
Vauxhall apologist.
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Nice looking car, TXD turbos are a bit rare too. Welcome along 8)
Last edited by Mr B on Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

cavmad wrote:Hi, Pete! Nice looking car, sounds like you had a very good deal. Welcome along from me too!
Me too
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
peteh

could do with a couple of bits

Post by peteh »

My new baby needs a couple of parts, trying to track down a glovebox lid, roof ariel, and the windscreen washer that secures to the wiper. These cars are just so hard to find in breakers yards around Kent. Shame of it is i scrapped a TZD that id burnt my fingers on from Egay, sold its 16V alloys and Deflector for good money, in hindsight if i knew i was going to get another BX so quickly, i would have taken a lot more parts off the scrapper :( Must be some bits somewhere :!: :!:
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Wiper /washer jets are or were available new from GSF - my own view is that they are a rather unlovely creation and best got rid of - a job I'll probably do on my BX Turbo soon. Distilled or soft water may help.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Aerials are available too, £10 would buy you the mast and the roof mounted bit on black also available from gsf.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Welcome to the mad house matey!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
peteh

parts

Post by peteh »

Thanx for the warm welcome's guys, anybody got a number for GSF? Now ive got myself a BX ive been spotting around my neck of the woods, just up the road from me is a red BX F reg stood outside a shop, been there a while, might have a word could have some useful bits on it.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/contact/branches.asp

Not sure which area Kent would fall under Pete, but click the link and every branch is listed, I order online and there very prompt!
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Hello Pete

Welcome to the club.

Whereabouts in Kent are you?

I threw out a wiper washer the other day. Why? because I'd fitted a spray nozzle onto the bonnet, which actually send the water onto the windscreen, instead of anywhere but. Costs about £2.50 from Halfrauds, and takes 10 mins to fit.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
peteh

Post by peteh »

Hi Tom, apart from as your good self under a bonnet, against my better judgement i live in Faversham, thinking of going down the avenue of either a washer fitted to the bonnet or a pug 405 spray bar on the wiper kind of thing, i managed to get the car through an MOT with just a single stream of water from some plastic concocted thing thats bound with insulation tape (not my bodge) :!:
Citroen the thinking mans car, i think im off for a pint while i think about that tricky hydraulic job!!