Update on the black one

Anything about BXs
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Update on the black one

Post by Kitch »

(lifted from Carl's thread on BX16v.co.uk forums)
csg100 wrote:Well after doing a couple of jobs on the black 16v this week I've taken it down to my Dad's workshop to give it a proper going over to see if it's feasible to save. And the good news is that it definately should be!!!

Got a few jobs to do before the MoT to get it right, namely:
2 x rear spheres
1 x accumulator sphere
1 x front wheel bearing
1 x front strut return pipe
1 x cambelt (not an MoT issue, but it's incredibly loose!)

Also gave it a quick clean with a pressure washer, still needs a proper wash and polish, but go the top layer of crap off to make it look a bit better:
A few more photos here:
http://www.carlgibbs.com/gallery/v/cars/blackbx/

So once the work is done and it's MoT'd she should be up for sale :D
Carl has been hard at work on this car, leaving me free to work on the grey one. I'm certainly not regretting paying a silly small sum for this car, even though the work will cost, its still really satisfying to see it coming along. It will NOT be broken now, it isn't that far gone and theres life in her yet.
Once the MOT is sorted, I think its my role to polish her up as Carl seems to hate cleaning cars! :lol:

We won't try and sell the grey one and black one at the same time...only BMC made the mistake of competing with themselves when they had the Marina and Allegro out! :lol:

Best way to work it is that they're both listed on here and BX club, and if they go to ebay they'll go one at a time. Although we already have an interested party in this black car, and I have a listed with about 10 names on for the grey one, all to be contacted as it nears completion.

Cheers
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Lovely looking car, Kitch. I reckon if/when you advertise it you`ll have people beating a path to your door. Looks really nice in black, makes me miss my GTi even more. Ialso like the old Volvo (164?) in the background.
Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Yeah I think it is, its actually at Carl's dad's garage there, so I couldn't say for certain. He's been doing most of the work. Gonna have to start pulling my weight soon :lol:

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sounds like a good idea `releasing` them one at a time too, Kitch. If the grey one is anywhere near the standard of the black one it`ll be a tough decision for prospective buyers, plus, of course, you don`t want to flood the market!
Are you going to the garage this weekend to get stuck in? I don`t think you could keep me away if it were my car!
Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

No, I'm still working on the grey one.

The grey one itself is in much better condition than this black one. Nothing awful this black car, bit little niggles which we're still sorting. The grey one is pretty much mint bar the scuff on the front bumper.

csg100
Confirmed BX'er

Post by csg100 »

Thanks Kitch, been meaning to post the progress on here all week!!

We've got all the parts for the car now, so just gotta fit them. With any luck it'll be sorted and MoT'd in the next couple of weeks. Once Kitch gives it a good clean it's gonna look stunning. Not quite as good as the grey one, but still, it should be a decent car for somebody.

As for the Volvo, its a 145 De Luxe. Been sat in a garage unused for the last 10 years. So they're draining all the fluids, giving her a service and she's being sold. It's virtually as clean as the day it left the factory! I'd love to buy it, but can't really justify another car!! Couple of proper pics here if you wanna look: http://www.carlgibbs.com/gallery/v/random/
1990 BX 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

The Volvo looks superb, wish I could afford to make an offer for it!
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

My dad had the same type and colour of ovlov as that when i was little and he resprayed it in the garage. :lol: :lol:
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp