Reality check on the DIGIT.

Anything about BXs
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Reality check on the DIGIT.

Post by DavidRutherford »

It's time for a reality check on the BX 19 Digit.

Having saved it from the jaws of the scrappie about 18 months ago, I've done very little with it other than drive it up and down my lane a dozen or so times to stop things siezing. I've always thought I'll restore it properly at some point, as I like the MK1 dash, and I particularly like the fact that it's a non-sunroof car, which means I fit in it without having to open the sunroof.

However. Due to a recent change in circumstances, there's a good chance I won't get the time to sort it for quite a while, and in the meantime, it's not getting any less rusty.

I really don't want to get rid of it, but I may have to. I'm loathed to fleaBay it, as you don't know what's going to happen to it. I also will not see it broken, as there's only about 3 RHD ones left now.

My thought is that if there's anyone on here who would fancy the challenge of restoring it, then please get in touch. There's also another MK1 (a 17RD) available for spares, although it's utterly rotten and probably not worth the effort.

The Digit would need a reasonable amount of welding in many of the usual places (boot floor, rear inner arches) but it's not serious, and it all looks very do-able. It also needs a large press mark in one of the rear arches sorting, and a decent respray as the current paintwork is the worst thing about the car. Both bumpers are tatty (front is cracked)

The interior is original, complete, and not in bad condition. It even still has BOTH original remote-central-locking fobs, which both still work! The car still drives perfectly well (and goes quite well too) but it will need new tyres as the current ones are all rather old and crinkly.

Somebody give me a clue as to what to do with this car. Please!
this might be a signature
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Might be interested here David
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Post some pictures up, David, and put it in the for sale and wanted section. You never know, it might help a bit. It sounds far to rare to split for parts as you say and hopefully someone (Kitch, perhaps?) can get it back on the road.
Good luck with it and I hope it finds a good home.
Vauxhall apologist.
Captain Slow
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Captain Slow »

Kitch wrote:Might be interested here David
Ditto.

Join one? Dads place?
Citroen C4 VTS
Citroen BX Estate 19RD
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Captain Slow wrote:
Kitch wrote:Might be interested here David
Ditto.

Join one? Dads place?
:wink: You mentioned it once

3 remaining....thats rare enough :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)