WANTED: Whole car or bits!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

WANTED: Whole car or bits!

Post by docchevron »

OK kids, due to arson attack on my dads unique TD auto I'm in the market for a long list of bits!
I suspect getting a complete car may be the easiest way, the body condition/ mechanicals dont matter but it must have black trim in good condition, so if you hear of any cheap knackered black trimmed BX's going, I want it! (preferably in the south west but not a necessity).

I'd also like:
A whale tail rear hatch,
Hurricane style waist rail plastic strips for the rear wings,
Monza (16v spec) rear door cards,
passenger side rear wing, plastic vent and plastic 'C' pillar panel (colour irrelevent since I'll get the whole car resprayed).

Thanks to those who have offered bits / help already, if a car doesn't come up in the next couple of weeks I'll be in touch!

Good prices will be paid, while I aint rich, this car means alot to dad and me so it has to be right.
Many thanks
Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Have pm`d you again, Chris.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Thanks you sir! You're a gent.

Cheers
Chris G

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

docchevron1472 wrote:Thanks you sir! You're a gent.
he is rather good isn't he!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

If anyone local fancies a BX stripping party kick off will be sometime Saturday, time TBA*.
As long as the remains are moveable under it`s own steam then anything is fair game.
Nothing definate for sale or free yet until Chris has taken what he wants, then it`s a first come first served!
Alloys and some small parts ear marked for Mr Leech, leather may be available, open to offers.

*Vanny is excused as he`s canoeing, or whatever floats his boat :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Doc please be carefull the rubber and rubber seals in cars goes through a chemical reaction when they burn and become very very poisonous and canbe taken in the body by the smallest little cut wear thick rubber gloves while removing and stripping the burned parts I was told this by a fireman who also said thats why they use special gloves when dealing with car fires which is why scrapyards now crush burned or partially burned cars straight away because of the HSE Rules.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Good advice Sleepy and a lesson for us all. Remote plippery doo-dah thingy has your name etched on it by the way.
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Thanks billy the reciver by the way is in the sunroof hatch near the maplights if you didnt know. :lol: :lol:
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

sleepy0905 wrote:Doc please be carefull the rubber and rubber seals in cars goes through a chemical reaction when they burn and become very very poisonous and canbe taken in the body by the smallest little cut wear thick rubber gloves while removing and stripping the burned parts I was told this by a fireman who also said thats why they use special gloves when dealing with car fires which is why scrapyards now crush burned or partially burned cars straight away because of the HSE Rules.
It's worse than that Sleepy.When the plastic has burned it makes some sort of funny named acid.Get this on you skin and the only cure is amputation :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .Please be careful Doc
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Thats right I cannot remember its name either I used to work with this acid as it is used in microtechnology manufacture.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Thats Hydrofluoric acid and its about the nasiest stuff you could imagine, it sounds like the fire brigade gave it a good swilling down though, wear gloves and be careful, and I hope the little shits that did it get something very nasty indeed in the way of karma.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Barnsley BXer wrote:[It's worse than that Sleepy.When the plastic has burned it makes some sort of funny named acid.Get this on you skin and the only cure is amputation :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .Please be careful Doc

This place is magic! On what other car forum would you find someone giving a doctor advice about medical issues? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Doc, you`ll be up and running again in no time.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Doh! Having already removed most of the burnt crap from the car I failed to wear gloves or any PPE for that matter! Other than the smell (it's still rank in there) cant say I noticed any ill effects! still picking shards of glass out of my hands and ar$e though!! I'm not too worried but thanks for the caution! A timely reminder for us all I think.
I've had every illness known to man and the one I had last year should have killed me so I'm fairly indestructable and a wonder to medical science (I'm quite a celebrity in medical circles).
Hence if I snuff it tomorrow I've still done better than expected but for those with good prospects definetley worth bearing in mind!!!

Cheers
Chris G

tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Admire your tenacity Chris, keep at it!
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Oh dear! It looks as though I've missed out on a fantastic opportunity to donate my dead black-trimmed BX16 Meteor (the one in my avatar)...

Good luck with the resto Doc!

Mark.