slight lhm leak

BX Tech talk
saint gaz
BXpert

Post by saint gaz »

I have now got the parts for this including the clips and some LHM. Confidence is high ( :D ) I dont think i will have any problems with this little job.
One other thing i am thinking about attempting in the near future is replacing the spheres. after reading the diy section i think that it is within my limited skills, however what kind and / or were do i get hold of the "sphere tool" or good quality "chain wrench".
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

See --- http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... ght=#33912
Some lucky person got one of these beauties for £3.20 plus £5.00 postage !!!

Available from cromwell.co.uk for about £25 including VAT --- search for handiwrench.
They have lots of branches around the UK. Give them a ring first as they may have to get it from central stores.
David

BX19TRS 118K E Reg 1992-2008
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
saint gaz
BXpert

Post by saint gaz »

I have finished replacing the strut pipes (this took me about an hour or so to do both sides) and also I lubricated the strut. I checked for leaks and found some of the green stuff on sub-frame.
I got under again and found a small metal pipe going in to a rubber pipe next to driver’s side wheel. Adjacent to four pipes in a union. It looked like at some point that the rubber pipe has been cut at an angle. And someone had repaired it with a cable tie to the metal pipe inside. But as the rubber pipe was at an angle the cable tie wasn’t actually holding the pipes together,
I cleaned around the joint and removed the old cable tie. Made sure the pipes we together and used two cable ties to hold them. I have raised and lowered about ten times and cant see any evidence of a seep. So fingers crossed the next job on the agenda will be the spheres.