BXclub saves the day!

Anything about BXs
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

BXclub saves the day!

Post by tom »

Last Sunday, I had spotted a nice TXD hatch in our locale. Approached the owner to tell him about the wonderfully useful resource that is BXclub, to which he replied "I could use a useful resource, I'm locked out."
Thieves had forced one lock on the passenger's door but the rod to the CLS had fallen off the solenoid on the driver's side. I levered out what was left of the lock but nothing doing and the man was on a Ferry schedule so we had little time.
As it got to the point of admitting defeat and breaking a quarter light, the car let us in. It is a trick well known to some bxers and takes a little lateral thinking but I won't describe my method here. You never know who's watching. Gentleman much relieved asked for our web address and departed. I hope he had a good time; especially as he owns a style icon, a red tizzydee estate, no less!
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Flag flown, well done Tom
Sewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Well done Tom;
We may have to instal a "Roll of Honour" for those involved in acts above and beyond the call of duty to other BX owners seeing as how laws of defamation won't allow for a "Rogues Gallery" to name and shame the rip off types who have caused so much dissent towards the breed over the years.
This of course being in the true tradition of 'Dad's Army.'

Alan S :twisted:
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

How about a `member of the week/month award`. I`ll happily nominate Vanny for his tireless efforts to help me out with my evergrowing list of woes with all things BX and for getting his mate to buy my very sadly missed 1.7 and for finding new members for the site.
Perhaps a special avatar for the current `member of the month` to use until the next grand ceremony??
Vauxhall apologist.
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

I long ago nominated Tom for "The Order of the Green Spheres with Crossed Spanners" for services to the BX community, over on another forum. This was for his sterling work in outlining what needs to be done mechanically and aesthetically in order to bring an old BX back to life. Well done Tom
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
mikesg
Good Old boy

Post by mikesg »

Tom, I am very interested your " It is a trick well known to some bxers" It' s a trick that could have saved my day last week (keys left in locked estate & spare key lost but then found). Could you send the info to me via pm, please? Hopefully I'll not need to use it but you never know
Thanks, Mike..
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

i am interested too tom if you could pm me with the info hopefully i will never need it. :D
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Might as well include me too Tom, have had a spate of lock outs lately, not me I add but you never know.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

should have asked the other day stewart! If its what i'm thinking then it only works on certain models and most other makes and models of car DONT make it so easy to do a similar trick, but its pretty easy and generally painless! Likely hood is you WILL break something but its cheaper to fix than a window

EDIT
as an asside, i reckon i can break into a BX and drive it away in under 15minutes if anyone fancies lending me a car (and thats WITHOUT) any damage
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

I'm sure the way in is exactly the way into a Mk 111 Cortina as shown tome by a policeman many years ago. 1 minute with no practice max! - No damage done either.

Jeremy
richard
BXpert

Post by richard »

Send me the tip as well.

I was told of a way of getting into a BX many years ago, but never made aware of how to do it!!

Cheers
Daniel B
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Daniel B »

Vanny wrote: as an asside, i reckon i can break into a BX and drive it away in under 15minutes if anyone fancies lending me a car (and thats WITHOUT) any damage
But can you drive it away if it has no steering wheel?! :lol:
RichardW
BXpert

Post by RichardW »

Pair of molegrips clamped on the shaft????

Or two, if you're a bit of a scardycat.....!
I NEED a BX TD.