MOT DAY!

Anything about BXs
tim leech

MOT DAY!

Post by tim leech »

Tizzy dee is in for it MOt today, fingers crossed, I know it needs the exhaust and fuel lines doing and maybe the front engine mount!

Whatever needs doing will get done properly and a new ticket issued.

Then if someone wants a VERY nice example of a late low miles TZD Turbo hatch let me know! :wink:
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

same here - think it will be expensive somehow. Its only done minimal mileage since the last one partly because of wht I think they missed - so looks like catch up time.

Still it will be nice to have it back with some of the front suspension knocks done.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Ah well - for the 3rd year in a row its amazed me - just an advisory that a rear belt is frayed. Funny that - I noticed it when I got it 7 years ago!

Last year it was an advisory about a possiblle leak at the rear height corrector - which was in fact just grease/oil I'd put on it. They called it a compensator!
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

They do get a little confused under a Hydraulic citroen dont they, my Xantia passed first try on Friday too, advisory on waxing up the rear brake lines, not bad :)
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Mines gone in and ive left it there as the diesel leak was getting quite bad!
Will know more tomorrow!

Steam cleaned the engine and under the arches and they have come up like new! :D
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

The grey 16v is going in later in the week hopefully. Its all go :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Well it failed, but not too badly, the fuel lines leaking as I knew, as is the rear exhaust and the osf CV bot has come adrift but will refit so hopefully £100 or so should sort it!

:D

So for £170 ive got a fully functioning TZD! with a years MOT!

Makes a change for me not spend a fortune.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Nice one Tim, glad to hear of your good news. I reckon you`re looking at a 100% mark up minimum there as decent TZD`s are well worth their money.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

The moneys needed to ressurect the 16v billy,
Im going to tinker with the TZD for a week or so and get it as best as I can then I will stick it on ebay and see what happens, ive had no luck selling cars on the forum sadly as people want to pay peanuts for them.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Strange really but I suppose the occasional bargain on eBay has devalued member`s own cars. I think you`ll do well with that TZD though as I say. They`re always worth a premium over n/a BX`s and 12 month`s MOT will certainly do it good.
Vauxhall apologist.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

I'd have said ANY car with ticket has got to be worth at least £1 a day, so 12 months of it is worth at least £350.

It was a formula for working out the value of an old S/H car that I read years ago:

Start with the value of the car if it had no mot or you broke it for parts tomorrow
Add the value of any MOT at £1 a day
Add on the value of any Tax on the car.
Subtract the cost of any immediate repairs needed to keep it on the road.

In this case, a TZD with nothing on it... say £80?
add on £365's worth of MOT
and any tax.
Assume no repairs are needed

and you have a value of £445. About right?
this might be a signature
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

It's a cracking theory David. Unfortunatley the BX still seems to be in no mans land. They seem to fall into 3 catergories: 1: mint, 2: scruffy but usable (both of mine!), 3: total sheds.
Since few peeps see them as classics yet I fear it may be some time before they are recognised as true classics and start attaining decent prices.

E-bay is indeed responsible for good cars not reaching much money. Unless you're a real enthusiast and just want a cheap car you aint gonna pay alot for a nice car on here when you can get a cheap runabout on fleabay. The BIG prob with E-bay is you never quite know what to expect untill you collect the car (unless of course you've viewed it first).
I've seen lots of vars on there that look brill only to find they are dogs!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

docchevron1472 wrote:The BIG prob with E-bay is you never quite know what to expect untill you collect the car (unless of course you've viewed it first).
I've seen lots of vars on there that look brill only to find they are dogs!

Cheers
Chris G
Strange, isn't it? Before E-bay no one would have bought a car without seeing it first and would have laughed at anyone suggesting such a thing!
There's progress for you. :shock:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Yeah, I guess it's all part of the disposable world in which we live now.

You wouldn't buy a girlfriend without test driving her first, since the relationship with my cars has outlasted any ex I'd be bu**ered if I'd buy a car without seeing it / driving it first!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice comparison, Chris :D
David, I like your theory on £1.00 per day and it makes a lot of sense.
Ebay is indeed a place for people who want a cheap car, probably mostly as consumables` hence fairly priced old cars always sell well on there. Incidentally, talking of eBay, is anyone else p*ssed off trawling through page upon page of `classified` adverts from dealers?
The local(ish) Carcrap dealership have flooded my local selection pages on eBay with listings for their cars. It also transpires that they don`t get feedback for these because they are eBay retailers so it doesn`t apply to them, which I think stinks.
As far as buying blind goes I have no real complaints so far as I reckon it`s all relevant: buy a car that`s considerably cheaper than book price and you`re probably going to encounter some unmentioned faults but as long as they`re not to serious it shouldn`t be a problem. I always think that if I`ve paid x amount for a car then someone else will and good money can still be made by sticking them round the block for some back street bodger to get stung with.
Vauxhall apologist.