BX 4TC

Anything about BXs
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

BX 4TC

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Shouldn't this club - representing BX's as it does (and so well!) - have a BX 4TC counted in it's membership? I am fairly sure there's at least one in this country. Let's get the owner to sign up!

Maybe the CCC can help? (PS I'd like this so I can be justified in having a pic of one in the calendar if nothing else! :lol: )
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

As far as the BX 4TC register is concerned the only UK car was B85 BVP which was apparently later exported to France. However a number have been sold and could be anywhere - although most likely France or Denmark looking at the register. It would be good to be able to count one in our numbers though, don't you think?
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

There are (or where until recently) three BX-4TC's in the UK.
One of which is in the Patrick Collection in Birmingham, no longer open ot the public it is located less than 5 minutes from the entrance to Cadbury world. I have the phone number stored in my phone just incase im ever passing ;)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

So does this become a quest by the trusty Knights of this Forum? :lol: I think first port of call has to be the CCC. Mr. Fearn?
Jayboy
BXpert

Post by Jayboy »

The 4TC in the Patrick Collection was sold a few years ago - I believe it now resides in France and was at the ICCCR in Switzerland 2 years ago. I didn't know of a 3rd??

I did notice this month that there is a new CCC member with a BX Sport in Scotland though!
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I will have a 4TC one day.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

The last one that came up for auction had a pedigree hisory (Mouton, Andruet and so on if I'm not mistaken) and made a pitiful £10,700. Not a lot for a historic works rally car.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

IIRC The Citroenian ran a feature and/or review of a drive in one a while back. I'll see if I can dig it out.
Daniel B
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Daniel B »

tom wrote:The last one that came up for auction had a pedigree hisory (Mouton, Andruet and so on if I'm not mistaken) and made a pitiful £10,700. Not a lot for a historic works rally car.
Not even that, worked out as around £9000, but alas it was not a works Rally Car, it was one given to him, and it was the roadgoing version, ie normal trim and interior.

Dan
Tecar
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Tecar »

The 4TC is a scary car to drive.

Not only were the brakes dodgy at best (from standard), the car itself was not particularly stable at speed. With the car being extra long and wide it is a formidible beast.

We took the ex-Patrick Collection/ex-Mark Waghorn (B85BVP) car to Castlecoombe for a rally type run - it was a 'Rally day' with lots of old 'Group B' cars. It was great taking the 4TC around the track, but it was heavy and cumbersome (and was very nearly lost on a hairpin bend - those dodgy brakes again).

This particular car was sold to a French guy who had it at the ICCCR - it still had the Patrick Collection sticker on the window. Most people thought we'd done the modifications when we drove it, and were most surprised to find out that it was a 'Factory' thing.

It is not the sort of Citroen that I'd consider as 'covetable', as it is a bitzer mechanically - with Citroen using whatever was in the bins at the time - mostly CX bits... (and including the Peugeot 505 T engine and SM gearbox????). Whilst it might be a nice car to have on display, it would not be a daily driver (nor would I want to drive it any great distance)

My overall opinion was that it was big, cumbersome, and not in the least bit sporty!

But it did sound nice and get the adrenaline running - especially when approaching corners...would those brakes work?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Wow, nice to hear from someone with experience of such a car. Welcome along Tecar, have you any pictures of the car or any more details of your time in it`s hands? I`m sure most of us would love to hear more about it.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Great post, Tecar. Thanks.

Now, where's my Visa Mille Pistes? :lol: :lol:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Philip chidlow wrote: Now, where's my Visa Mille Pistes? :lol: :lol:
I don`t know mate, but I`m sure you`ll get a repeat prescription if you ask your doctor :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

cavmad wrote:
Philip chidlow wrote: Now, where's my Visa Mille Pistes? :lol: :lol:
I don`t know mate, but I`m sure you`ll get a repeat prescription if you ask your doctor :lol:
Or is it translated as a Passport to a Million Beers? ~ale~ drunk
1991 BX19GTi Auto