BX 19 GT for Sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
adamskibx
BXpert

BX 19 GT for Sale

Post by adamskibx »

Its got to go to make room for the CX. I suspect everyone here has alreadty got a BX that suits them, but I am advertising it anyway as I'd rather it went to an enthusiast than just anyone. I have no idea of the cars true value. It depends what people will pay I suppose, but even a MK2 in this condition bodily would fect £300, but the MK 1's dont attract any extra it seems. With rarity in mind, together with the amount of work I have done to this car, I am offering it for sale at £450 on here. I have just spent £90 on TAX, £150 on 5 new spheres. hydraflush and new LHM for when its flushed. One month ago it got 5 new Firestone tyres and a brand new backbox. Also, I have changed the flexible steering link. Apart from all this, its had an oil change about every 4000 miles, any bits of surface rust were treated and stopped. There is no corrosion on this car. When I bought it, it did have a hole in the front inner wing, but that was welded by the garage that did the MOT and subsequently rustproofed by myself using rust killer and hammerite. The clutch is also new last month. The interior is mint, as is the paintwork. The only chips that need touching up are on the black surround of the drivers window.

The bad bits: An oil leak is still at large, although I have been doing 250 miles a week and it only needs 0.5 litres every month, so cant really be burning any. The only other thing is a clicking CV joint when idleing in first gear in traffic.

Car is located in Malvern, 20 minutes from J5 of the M5. PM me if interested. Cheers, Adam

edit: In case anyone does not know, the car has had a replacement engine from a 1989 TRS 1.9 (same as original engine but with 107 BHP instead of 105) Car mileage is 52,000, when I bought it it had 43,000 on the clock, and the donor car had 103,000 on the clock, but had a recent carb and recent valve stem oil seals, so there is no smoke whatsoever.) Only other thing that has just crossed my mind is it needs a new upper speedo cable, which ill be fitting before the car is sold.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Good luck with the sale of this one. I hope it finds a good home after all the effort not mention the money you've thrown at it.

I have to say, if I'd bought it when it appeared on ebay I very much doubt it would have been around today. :oops:
They think it's all over, it is now!
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Thanks Ken :)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hi Any chance of some pics? :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Hi Phil. I cant remember the pasword to my Phototshop account right now but will take some more soon. The only pics you can see are on the members cars area of the bxclub.co.uk main page. It still looks like that now. The only visual imperfections are a square area at the bottom of the drivers door. The paint match is not 100% but you really do have to look hard to see it. Also, the inner bit of the door where I did this repair is not proffessional, but it was rust treated, filled and painted to make it look OK from the outside. Other than that, there is the odd chip of paint missing on the front bumper (about 4 very small ones, as I think you need a different type of paint to fix this.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Ahh! It looks really nice. I love the 'retro-ness' of it (something my 1991-vintage BX is still a little short of) - I think it's the graphics and those spots . An ace car. It'll find a good home, I'm sure!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I`ve seen this car and it`s a belter. It`d be nice for someone from here to buy it and use it and enjoy it too.
Good luck with the sale Adam, the right buyer will come along at some point.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I have seen this car and can confirm its the NICEST Mk1 ive seen for years, Im sorely tempted but I have no storage and a car like that needs to be cherished as its so rare.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

If anyone is just browsing and is thinking of becoming a BX owner but wants a special example.....you won't do much better than this one!

Sorry to see you sell it mate, its a cracking car. Hopefully a fellow enthusiast will pluck it out of the water.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Indeed, im hoping you dont have it at the end of the month when I get my bonus! :oops:
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I really do love these. I nearly had a pop when it was on Ebay the first time.
I considered (seriously) selling/scrapping the 16v to use the blue GT I bought. Instead my dad bought it and the valver got kicked out of the garage. :?
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Bump. Any offers ? Cheers.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I cant adam I would love to but I cant :oops:
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Thats OK Tim. If you really did want it but timing is bad then I could hold onto it for a while. Im actually considering being car-less for a year or so as I am finally getting a company car on Thursday (A C2 :shock: ). I could really save a lot of money if I jsut rely on that for a while. I might keep the CX and gradually do things to it, but im not sure yet.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thank you for the offer adam, that car needs to go to a enthusiast WITH a GARAGE who will cherish it and thats something I dont have so it would have to stand outside and wouldnt get used.