Christ on a bike!

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It`d probably be easier to tell you what passed :lol: :lol: :lol: Nothing sort of individually major on the failures (by which I mean costly parts or welding) but couple of discs, brake pipes, ABs light (the bleeding thing`s only just started coming on too), some sort of steeringy/suspensiony things and a whole lot moe besides :cry:
Getting a quote to have the work done as could make use of it for a good while afterwards.
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

what a pain especially as you havnt had it long. :(
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

The mileage (412,000), the fact it`s been a taxi and the price I paid for it mean I can`t complain. It`s probably worth twice (at least) what I paid if I sell it like it is.
Selling it is a considered option as I need to try and raise eight grand to get a new toy that I have me eager eye on :wink:

*EDIT* Hmm, interesting. A tinternet search reveals that bottom book for a poor one is £3,375. Obviously this`ll have to be adjusted even further down (quite a way actually) but I still smell a good few drinks out of it!
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

412000! Thats more than all my 5 cars put together! lol
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Kitch wrote:Not really a mechanically minded person then? :lol:

Interior is easy to change, did a complete swap in just over an hour. Never tried messing with a sunroof though....don't want to either. :lol:
Sun roofs are easy! (ish). 'a', 'b' and 'c' pillar trims have to come out to get the roof lining out, you can see piccies of headlining less bx in a thread I'm about to post on dads car!

Should have said Billy, I've got some days off work coming up soon, could've had the whole car stripped in a day, I've broken enough to have it down to a fine art now, complete with swearing in french!!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks for the inspiration guys, had a successful afternoon at last! GTi interior removed without any dramas (and suprisingly quickly for me too!) plus a load of other bits too-some just to see how they came off!
Interior now fitted to TZD, made more room in the garage and haven`t broken a single thing. That`s a result as far as I`m concerned :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

We had faith in you Billy, ypu probalby got your head on the wrong way yesterday, sometimes its like that. If things start breaking just get out the cleaning gear and put the spanners away.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Billy you're an example in perseverance and patience.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cheers, Oscar! I`ve also had some rather good news on the VW Sharan front today: it`s gone to a new home and I`m a weekend millionaire again :lol: . A rather large wad of cash is burning holes in my pocket and the next project is on the horizon already. News to follow tomorrow providing the item I`m chasing hasn`t sold before I can get there!
Vauxhall apologist.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

cavmad wrote:Cheers, Oscar! I`ve also had some rather good news on the VW Sharan front today: it`s gone to a new home and I`m a weekend millionaire again :lol: . A rather large wad of cash is burning holes in my pocket and the next project is on the horizon already. News to follow tomorrow providing the item I`m chasing hasn`t sold before I can get there!
Is the next project getting p****d in your local branch of Witherspoons?You'll be sorry in the morning :D :D :D
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Barnsley BXer wrote:
cavmad wrote:Cheers, Oscar! I`ve also had some rather good news on the VW Sharan front today: it`s gone to a new home and I`m a weekend millionaire again :lol: . A rather large wad of cash is burning holes in my pocket and the next project is on the horizon already. News to follow tomorrow providing the item I`m chasing hasn`t sold before I can get there!
Is the next project getting p****d in your local branch of Witherspoons?You'll be sorry in the morning :D :D :D
Or is it a case of ditch the German and buy a similar French? :?

Renault Espace maybe? :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Barnsley, that was my second project (after taking my little princess and her mum into town and spoiling them) and boy, did I ever boost *Wetherspoons coffers last night? Their staff were suprisingly dim by the way and kept putting Coke in with our Vodka instead of Red Bull. Still, no complaints because when we reminded them we didn`t ask for Coke they offered us the drinks at less than half price. It`d have been rude not to accept, wouldn`t it? The fact they did this at least 3 times made it all the better :lol:
Way2go, I think I`d rather nail my plums to the kitchen floor than own an Espace, heard too many horror stories about them I`m afraid :o
Unfortunately I`m too p*ssed from last night to drive to scouse land to view my potential project so it`ll have to be later on today instead!

*Memo to self: I really shouldn`t sit at the bottom of the stairs and eye up all the short skirted totty :shock: :D :D :D
Vauxhall apologist.