Ideas...

Anything about BXs
Calfskin
Confirmed BX'er

Ideas...

Post by Calfskin »

As mentioned somewhere else before, my missus wanted to get a real Mini. Well, after a couple of weeks of intense negotiation, Kenny has gone to my brother who I hope will look after him and I am going to pick up a lovely '99V Mini Cooper in Yukon Grey tomorrow evening. This also means that I can also find an excuse to add another 'fun' car as my 100 has gone, especially as the missus technically owns the Mini (in other words I'm not allowed to drive it as much... LOL).

So what should I get? My budget doesn't extend to a new/nearly new motor now as the Mini was quite an extravagance. I'm open to suggestions as long as its not a Skoda Estelle...

I quite fancy a GTi 16v but I'm not sure as I already have Rene.

On that note, has anyone read this week's Autocar? On the back in the 'High Mileage Heroes' bit is the BX GTi! 'Bout time it was recognised!

Calfskin
RIP Rene, 1992 - 2006.
He was the best car I ever owned.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Dont just laugh at my suggestion, go and test drive one first then tell me its a crap idea, very simply go and get a C1!

If you want something stupidly zippy, REALLY fun to drive and enough leg room to get four people in and still be able to fit in tiny gaps then the C1 is a brilliant car! Really pushing the GF to go get one as there sooooo muc fun!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cavalier GSi 2wd `red top`. You won`t regret it and you`ll never be able to get out of it as it`s like an addiction. Subaru performance for under a grand.
Vauxhall apologist.
Calfskin
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Calfskin »

Unfortunately I can't afford a C1 but I think I'll still visit the dealer anyways... I also fancy a test drive of a C5 and I wonder if I can wangle a test drive of a 350Z from the Nissan side...

Oooo, never thought of a Cav, was thinking about a Cali 2.0i 16v as I've seen a couple about. I'll keep an eye out for GSi...

Calfskin
RIP Rene, 1992 - 2006.
He was the best car I ever owned.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Don`t get a 4wd one though unless you`re incredibly rich!
Vauxhall apologist.
Jayboy
BXpert

Post by Jayboy »

that goes for BX 4x4's too!! :cry:
CCC BX Columnist
'89 16v P1
'90 BX GTi 4x4, 16v P2, 19 TZI auto A/C estate
'92 BX 19 TGD (now 17 Turbo D)
'93 BX 19 TXD estate & 19TD van
'93 ZX Volcane TD 3 Door
'71 DS 21 EFi Pallas, '86 Visa GTi ,
'98 Xantia Activa P1
'07 C4 by Loeb
3 x 2CV, 1 x Mehari
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

cavmad wrote:Cavalier GSi 2wd `red top`. You won`t regret it and you`ll never be able to get out of it as it`s like an addiction. Subaru performance for under a grand.
BX 16v has better than Subaru performance then?
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

bx16v has 10 (gsi150bhp?) brake more than the cav!!!! and they dont have the vauxhall chav owners appeal either! and most 16vbx's havent been stolen either! :)
if you want a good reliable quick motor then look for a nissan primera gt, similar 150bhp lump but jap reliablity!
The 350z is worthy of a test drive! I used to be the only valeter at the garage that could drive it (age, height - the only other guy over 25 was 4ft tall - and because i was the boss of the valeting bay reasons!) and they are fantasic to drive! although if its wet keep the traction control on! :shock: 8)
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk