BX locked......... key inside = DOH!!!!!

Anything about BXs
ed4ferrets
BXpert

BX locked......... key inside = DOH!!!!!

Post by ed4ferrets »

I know I'm not the first and wont be the last but whilst doing a cv boot for a mate on his mk1 BX it started raining, chucked my tools in the back seat, reached forwarded and locked the car from inside!!!! #-o

Unfortunately the key is in the ignition, with doors locked. ](*,)

The car belongs to my mate Chris (not Chris the Competent aka Docchevron, but Chris the Incontinent aka Gaspacho Andulus) and I doubt he has a spare key and is in any case working away.

Woe is me :cry:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

PM sent.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

The "Ford key" is the answer.A piece of nylon strappinng folded flat and threaded through the door frame.Drop it over the door release knob thingy,pull tight and lift.Worked a treat a couple of years ago when my keyys were locked in
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

BX's are painfully easy to break into without doing any damage, I suspect Tom has suggested the same method as me via PM since it would be foolish to advertise just how easy it is, unless you've done a mod like I have!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Oh yes, the secret method of braking into a BX :) Gosh I am slow. I couldnt work out why Tom sent a PM at first lol.
st gilles

Post by st gilles »

Used to use the Ford key all the time in my previous trade or calling. Not much use for the new cars now as theres no knobs (ooer missus)
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

docchevron1472 what mod have u done to make yours tamper proof?
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Thanks all, the hammer worked a treat :shock: :lol:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

ed4ferrets wrote:Thanks all, the hammer worked a treat :shock: :lol:
:D :D :D :shock:

The advice was heeded then Ed!

Cheers
Chris G

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

MULLEY wrote:docchevron1472 what mod have u done to make yours tamper proof?
PM sent mate

Cheers
Chris G

Gareth Wales
BXpert

Post by Gareth Wales »

I'd appreciate a PM on this security mod too, Chris. (Got to park in n.London next week :(
Gareth
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

Hi ........I never thought any more about the following [nicked from another "non Citroen" forum] ........until I read this thread ........
It seems that if you lock your keys in your car or ....as the writer on the other forum suggested ........lose your keys, your car can be opened by phoning home [no jokes about ET ..please :shock: ] and having some-one operate your spare remote-control/plipper? :? over your home phone & mobile,whilst holding the mobile near to the car it will open the car door :shock:
Now I dunno if this works ........my BX tizzydee did'nt have a "plipper" when it came into my possession ...........and tbh I dont wanna go the trouble of finding out if it should/should'nt have one ..........in fact I actually replied with the sarcaustic comment that "It did'nt work on my 2CV so I opened the roof and retrieved my keys" :P
btw .......any chance of a PM on this "security mod" .....my BX not only has dodgy doorlocks,but it also has a fubar'd offside window winder which leaves the window slightly open and the steering lock is k****ered.
Terry
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Doc can you PM me the mod and technique as I would be interested to know as there is often BX`s in the breakers that some muppet has locked up and the yard cannot find the keys.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Doc can you PM me the technique and mod too because I have already had some **** try to break in and I'd hate for the next attempt to succeed. :evil:

Many thanks.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

the mod is pretty pointless, no right minded thief will bother sitting there all day breaking in when they can just pick up one of these;

or theres the old screw driver the lock trick! And the method that everyones thinking of doesn't work on estates, and will probably end up in damage! I've used most methods of breaking into a BX and theres only on eperfect method, dont lock yer keys in!

EDIT

and as an aside, if you look in the Haynes it suggests a method of opening the bonnet with a wipe coat hanger, its a crap method! I can do it without anything more than my bare hands, occasionally a long screw driver, and using a method thats infinately easier to do!