Exhaust Hanger

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

Exhaust Hanger

Post by tim leech »

Has anyone got a rear exhaust hanger, the bit that the backbox attaches too and normally brakes off, my 16vs backbox is help up my tie wraps as its fell off and disappeared long ago!
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Its only a bit of bent round bar welded to the chassis isn't it? Round bar can be bought in meter lengths in B&Q or if its 1/4 inch (I think its bigger) a very large nail (like 5 or 6 inches) may yeild enough bar to do the job.

If the chassis is rusty there and you don't fancy welding it you may be able to bolt comething through the boot floor with a flat plate as a spreader. You may be able to adapt purpose made exhaust brackets as sold in accessory shops.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Sounds complicated lol thanks anyway
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Jeremy's right its not a seperate part, just a bar of metal with a 90degree bend in it which is then welded to the side of the boot.

We just made another one, but this time I welded it to a plate, then repaired the boot, then riveted the plate to the boot and caked it in sealant and hammerite :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ian! get your welder out! :D
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I replaced mine with a 8" length of angle iron (dexion), with a 4" length of M8 threaded studding to push the rubber hanger on to.

Large washers spread the load inside the boot, the metal is very thin round there.

Mike
Gareth Wales
BXpert

Post by Gareth Wales »

Mike E (uk) wrote:I replaced mine with a 8" length of angle iron (dexion), with a 4" length of M8 threaded studding to push the rubber hanger on to.

Large washers spread the load inside the boot, the metal is very thin round there.

Mike
So did I - Tim, its the easy way