French car "Day trip to France" Aptil 8th2007

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

French car "Day trip to France" Aptil 8th2007

Post by ren16tx »

i am organising a Day trip to France, as a French car day!
April 8th ( Easter sunday)
early booking recommended to get place!
for more details / booking call chris 01252 697047
simcauk@yahoo.co.uk
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Nice idea but the ferries will most likely be booked solid and France WILL be shut.

I think another date might be more suitable. For many of our more Northern members, a day trip would hardly be worth the trouble.
A weekend trip could be a solution, though with Newhaven-Dieppe at £50 for three days and Speedferries doing lots of deals, it could be a runner.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I tend to agree. Tom suggests a longer break to offset travel times a bit, and I can say a 'three dayer' appeals. A Newhaven-Dieppe return crossing and a stay at an Ibis or similar around, say Deauville/Honfleur could be fun. Even camp somewhere?

Not promising, but I'd try and make it. :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
st gilles

Post by st gilles »

Sounds good, I'll probably be over there, its a only a short drive from Brittany.....and thats where the BX is!
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Agreed, I used speedferries last summer, there were no problems at all, and three days makes it worthwhile for us northern members. Camping appeals too, there are numerous campsites in the area.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Any decisions on the arrangements yet?
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I'm really up for this, I've always wanted to take my car to France. But agreed, a change in date is probably a good idea!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Just to hijack this thread completely, I have a fiendishly cunning plan that has worked before. The Ibis hotel at Tinqueux near Rheims is conveniently about an hours drive from Epernay. If you suggest a trip to the Champagne caves, Womenfolk become supportive and cooperative. There's a bowling alley across the road from the hotel that does a good cheap meal in its large cafe and it wouldn't be too far to go for a three day trip. One for the spring, perhaps?
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Taliking about hijacking a thread how's this? :lol: I'm sure 'ren16tx' won't mind me repeating what I put into an e-mail to him earlier:

Friday 06/05/2007
Catch the 08:00 Transmanche ferry at Newhaven. Disembark at Dieppe in time for lunch at XXXX tba.

After lunch leave Dieppe on the N27, southbound. At Tôtes take the payage A29/E44 westbound to Le Havre, crossing the Pont de Normandie and arrive Honfleur around 16:30.

Book into Ibis Honfleur for two nights, (Friday and Saturday). Arrange a Saturday drive either along the coast to Deauville or south to 'cheese' country (Pont l'Evéque, Liseux etc)...

Depart Honfleur by around 14:30 on Sunday giving plenty of time for the journey back to Dieppe with some time for a park-up picture opportunity - possibly at Phare d'Ailly on the coast west of Dieppe at around 17:00 before catching the 08/05/2007 20:00 return ferry to Newhaven.

Cost of crossing around £52
Payage: (each way) approx £7
Road distance approximately 220 miles round trip
Ibis rooms - approx £50 per night

Up to individuals to arrange but we should try to cross and travel at the same times obviously!

I reckon the whole trip excluding fuel, but allowing for meals should be around £240...

Not too bad.

It will be the BX's 25th Anniversary too, which means we could suggest to our French counterparts that a BX rendezvous might be a good idea...

Anyway, this is just a thought.

Phil
wannab-x
Confirmed BX'er

Post by wannab-x »

Daily Mail (which I don't normally read) was doing an offer with P&O at the weekend - £1 return Dover to Calais.

Don't know if you gents would be interested in that - got the cutting somewhere... :D
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

get it up! Most of them can be booked then changed anyways so you dont loose out!