One touch elec windows

Anything about BXs
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

One touch elec windows

Post by BX Bandit »

Can this be achieved by simply swapping a conventional switch for the one touch switch or is there extra wiring/elctrical gizmos required. Anyone got whats needed to convert..???
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

You need a control unit as well - I think it senses overload on the motor at the end of the travel and breaks various relays to stop it. There is a diagram of the thing in Haynes (curcuit VIII I think) - and they have half converted the text from left to right hand drive. (Unit described as for passenger door)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Is that what that black box located inside the drivers door s for then?
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Is this the chap???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

Is that a fair price you think? This guy wants £10 for a dash rheo which is...ahem 'a bit steep' :roll:
1990 BX TGD White
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

I think that's the one - though it helps a lot to have the clear plastic water guard that it sits inside as well. You also need a door loom to go with it, as it's different from the standard one. And of course you need the switch itself. It would then be a slightly more reasonable price, but only if the P&P were free....... in my humble, penny-pinching opinion. Buy the paercel shelf and you might just get him to do that - should you wish to pay the £30 asking price plus the rest.

But then, Bejasus, what are these prices for the other stuff....perhaps he's after a brace of new BXs, or even a fleet.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

This is it.... not a cheap fella. He had some of the same stuff on a few weeks ago which he clearly didn't shift. Yep, £30 for a parcel shelf....me thinks he's had a bit too much 'black and whoite' if yer know what I mean. Mrs Doyle could sort 'im out with a noice cup of tea....arrrh goworn....
1990 BX TGD White
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I've got a complete unit ready to plug straight in you can have for nowt mate.

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Dude, you need to take some tokens for the stuff you are offering. I have fitted the seats you gave me and the car just feels completely different, I am so chuffed....I would like to offer some time or watching or coffee making or general dogs body the week after next (dates to be confirmed becasue my brain is not fully functional (actually thanks to some ale (not mine) brewed in the Rhondda...))

If you want/need any sort of assistance then I am yours...in a purely mechanical sort of way :lol:

BTW, your dedication to BX restoration is nothing short of shame from mere mortals like myself whom would probably just folded at the very point you thought..'right then.....'
1990 BX TGD White
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

I've done this! The relay and wiring just plug into the pas door loom, the only problem is the the pas windo switch on the driver door no longer work but I assume this can be overcome.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Mr B wrote:I've done this! The relay and wiring just plug into the pas door loom, the only problem is the the pas windo switch on the driver door no longer work but I assume this can be overcome.
It is! I've no idea how it's done cos electrics are beyond me but Vanny has one touch windows on both front doors on Jazz. So he should know how it's done!!

Cheers
Chris G

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

BX Bandit wrote:Dude, you need to take some tokens for the stuff you are offering. I have fitted the seats you gave me and the car just feels completely different, I am so chuffed....I would like to offer some time or watching or coffee making or general dogs body the week after next (dates to be confirmed becasue my brain is not fully functional (actually thanks to some ale (not mine) brewed in the Rhondda...))

If you want/need any sort of assistance then I am yours...in a purely mechanical sort of way :lol:

BTW, your dedication to BX restoration is nothing short of shame from mere mortals like myself whom would probably just folded at the very point you thought..'right then.....'
Breweries in the Rhondda 8) 8) will need to investigate this, purley for scientific research of course!

Glad the seats are ok.
Like I said before matey, the more stuff you have from me the less I have in the garage, and it needs to go since when dads BX is rolling again she will be living in said garage to keep her far away from boils on the arse of humanity.
Haven't really had time to go digging bits out just yet since I've been in the shed tending the life support on the TD auto but as soon as it's done, I'll fill the car with bits, srop 'em off to you and sample some of this welsh ale!!

Cheers
Chris G

BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Cool 8) 8) 8)

I love it when a plan comes together..... :idea:

(wish they would show a re-run of the A Team and the Dukes of Hazard, anyone in the TV business????)
1990 BX TGD White
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Mr B wrote:I've done this! The relay and wiring just plug into the pas door loom, the only problem is the the pas windo switch on the driver door no longer work but I assume this can be overcome.
mmm- Interesting project but I feel that operation from the drivers door is infinitely more useful than giving your passengers a toy that they don't need. :? :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Way2go wrote:
mmm- Interesting project but I feel that operation from the drivers door is infinitely more useful than giving your passengers a toy that they don't need. :? :D
My Missus don't agree :wink:
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Mr B wrote: My Missus don't agree :wink:
The James Bond DB5 ejector seat is an accessory that can end disagreements. :wink: :shock: :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto