Recaro Seats

Anything about BXs
Way2go
Over 2k

Recaro Seats

Post by Way2go »

Has anyone installed these seats in the front - or is this considered descending into barrydom? :wink: :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I used to have a sporty little Fiesta with Recaro's. They are very figure hugging but i prefer standard BX seats.

My mate had some too, his missus was quite a large girl and she used to complain they hurt her legs.
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I cant see any benefitover the Gti/TZD Turbo style seats. The bx seats er one of the best I have ever tried and Ive had alot of cars lol!
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

They're probably better than the GTI/TZD ones, but I doubt they're any more supportive than the proper 16v ones like the Monza and Le Mans etc. They're probably less comfy too :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

The better seats as fitted to GTI, TZD Valvers are considered pretty good seats, IMHO the recaros would have to massage my butt and dispense free beer whilst gaining me an extra 25 miles per gallon before Id part with money for them :wink:
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Stewart (oily!) wrote:The better seats as fitted to GTI, TZD Valvers are considered pretty good seats, IMHO the recaros would have to massage my butt and dispense free beer whilst gaining me an extra 25 miles per gallon before Id part with money for them :wink:
Stewart
I tend to agree, but free beer dispensers :shock: with our laws - maybe not. :lol:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

I've never had a car with Recaros in it .......but they'll have to be good to be better than the standard seats in my TZD [or the BXGti seats I have in my 2CV]
Terry
'92 BXtzd
'88 2CV6
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Ian_Fearn wrote:I used to have a sporty little Fiesta .

And i had this beast of a 1.9 N/A dieseil RD BX that could have Ferrari 353's off the lights upto about 80 mph,, sporty fieasta :D
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Vanny wrote:

And i had this beast of a 1.9 N/A dieseil RD BX that could have Ferrari 353's off the lights upto about 80 mph,, sporty fieasta :D
Whats a Ferrari 353? :lol:

Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Kitch wrote:
Vanny wrote:

Whats a Ferrari 353? :lol:
Never said it was fast.... Just looked sporty! :roll:
Over and out from me
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Terry Brooks wrote:I've never had a car with Recaros in it .......but they'll have to be good to be better than the standard seats in my TZD [or the BXGti seats I have in my 2CV]
Don't know whether they still do them but you used to be able to get electrically operated and contourable Recaro's. Now they will be better than the standard GTi or Tzd seats.

The adjustment benefits of electric are not a one time thing but allows you greater comfort on long journeys by being able to adjust the seat whilst driving. This is something I miss from the Saab as a daily driver.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Way2go wrote:
Terry Brooks wrote:I've never had a car with Recaros in it .......but they'll have to be good to be better than the standard seats in my TZD [or the BXGti seats I have in my 2CV]
Don't know whether they still do them but you used to be able to get electrically operated and contourable Recaro's. Now they will be better than the standard GTi or Tzd seats.

The adjustment benefits of electric are not a one time thing but allows you greater comfort on long journeys by being able to adjust the seat whilst driving. This is something I miss from the Saab as a daily driver.
You can adjust the BX seats while driving?

Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Kitch wrote: You can adjust the BX seats while driving?
Ahh - but electric seats usually offer more operations like height & tilt etc. Also if you want to adjust front to back when driving, this is safe and convenient with an electric seat but less than slick on a BX (much as we love them!)
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

I dunno, personally I'd rate a better seat as to how comfy and supportive it is over a journey. A seat that doesn't need to be adjusted is a good seat. And I drove from here to Shropshire and back without adjusting the 16v seats before it had leather.

Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

I'm quite happy with the GTi seats and have driven to Inverness & back on more than one occasion but I'm just saying that there is an advantage when on a long drive especially on motorway hauls in having this facility.
Theres always room for improvement ie in the Saab95 Aero with leather seats you not only have seat heaters but built-in individual aircon too. Now that might not be essential but it is desirable and you do feel a benefit from it. :D But hey, it's horses for courses isn't it. :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto