Citroen Accessory 2 - Front Armrest / Storage Box

Anything about BXs
Mike P
BXpert

Citroen Accessory 2 - Front Armrest / Storage Box

Post by Mike P »

Have just bought this off Ebay Germany :D

I wouldn't say that it was that usefull and you can't reach the back window switches but hey ho.

Mike P.
"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
M

Post by M »

My TizzyDee had one, its now in Mr. B's car and I was reminded the other night of just how much it gets in the way when putting seatbelt on, operating window switches etc, plus everything falls out when you push it backwards to get to aforementioned window switches. - Oh, and you loose the rear headphone sockets!
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

Mines a 1988 Phase 1 16v and doesn't have the rear sockets, so I've not got that loss :D

Mike P.
"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Mike P wrote:Mines a 1988 Phase 1 16v and doesn't have the rear sockets, so I've not got that loss :D
I've got the sockets but they've never been used so it would not be a loss either .

Has anyone actually ever used these sockets.
I don't think the 12v connector can be used unless you buy a special plug from Citroen so that is not a problem either. :roll:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Well, I've used the rear headphone sockets, but only while I was working in the back of the car with a rear door open and wanted something to entertain me without blasting the neighbours. I also have old Sennheiser headphones with the 1/4" jack plug.

The 12v socket? It's a peculiar one but it surely can't be impossible to find or cook up something to fit it, should you feel the need to...
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

DLM wrote:Well, I've used the rear headphone sockets, but only while I was working in the back of the car with a rear door open and wanted something to entertain me without blasting the neighbours.
Amazingly the mobile phone now has a good RDS radio function as well so can do that without being tied by wires. :D Good plan though and I still have my old Akai stereo headphones. I suppose if you have small children then they can listen to "My little Pony" or whatever without you having to suffer it too.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I have used the headphone sockets, they were used so my daughter could listen to Postman Pat CDs without me hearing them.

Worked very well.

The DC power plug is available, costs about £4.
I have a small DVD player so may get one soon for that.

Why did they simply not fit a normal cigarette lighter socket there?

Mike
M

Post by M »

Mike E (uk) wrote:Why did they simply not fit a normal cigarette lighter socket there?

Mike
Simple enough to retro fit a standard 12V "fag lighter" socket in its place, a little time spent with a file and some scotch blocks (TM) and its sorted :wink:
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I replaced the power socket with a cigar type one so I could run my coolbox in the back, then I pulled the red bit off the power plug n the coolbox and found......................a plug that would fit the original socket :oops: still it now lets me run my laptop in the car too.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Marty wrote:My TizzyDee had one, its now in Mr. B's car and I was reminded the other night of just how much it gets in the way when putting seatbelt on, operating window switches etc, plus everything falls out when you push it backwards to get to aforementioned window switches. - Oh, and you loose the rear headphone sockets!
I love it! Suits my driving position, so what if it covers the rear window switches, that's the rear passengers problem !!!---)))
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Mr B wrote:switches, that's the rear passengers problem !!!---)))
You don't like to control a comfortable ventilation through flow then ? :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
M

Post by M »

Mr B wrote: I love it! Suits my driving position,
Yes, But I am wider than you are... :roll: