Red BX 17 TZD Estate to go?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Stefan

Red BX 17 TZD Estate to go?

Post by Stefan »

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but not to fixing cars. It's just that over the years I have left my tools in other parts of the planet. I now have a dilema of selling, breaking or rebuilding our BX. With few tools and the Scottish winter sky providing the only cover under which to get down and dirty my thoughts turn to other options. It would be nice to see some one get more milage out of the old girl (F reg), but you will have to fix up or change the engine first.

We have travelled all over the UK in it and it only let us down once. That was my fault. A while ago I put too much cold water into a hot engine after a minor hose leak and it warped the cylinder head #-o . It then gave us nearly a years more service before the head gasket blew. (Engine still starts but blows water out like a steam train so needs filling every few miles now, we had to drive it back from The Ilse of Mull like that. 200 miles separated by mountains!) If I still had my garage and tools I would fix it myself but have sadly had to opt for another car, a Xantia :shock:

The details:
Approx 140K. The interior is immaculate and the body work is in very good condition (latest body pack) with only a few very minor dents, but could do with a polish. Non-smokers car all its life. It has the GTI interior, 185/14 GTI alloy wheels with 2 brand new tyres and the others 3 have approx 4mm of tread.

Parts recently replaced:- clutch cable, rear swing arm bearings, rear spheres, recent rear discs and pads.
Good exhaust system, Xenon headlights

It drives, handles and stops like a dream as you probably know, impressive.

Other points:- a slight rust area on seam in front of rear wheel arch. Peddle box sqeeks but just needs some lube. The clutch was changed by a Citroen mechnic (it used be his baby and so was well looked after) just before we bought it but it has developed a creaking noise from the spindle on operating the clutch and it mysteriously developed a v.slight clutch slip on a new clutch after a towing session but never got any worse in 2 yrs.

Gearbox is smooth

Complete car £99 or parts:

Set of 5 alloy wheels as above inc bolts £80

Rear discs £15 pair

Set of front and rear seats (and door trims) if needed £20

Pair new rear spheres (fitted 2 months ago) £20

Pair headlights (one is as new, one is fading a bit) with Xtra bright xenon bulbs £10

NS passenger electric mirror £10

OS driver lever mirror £8

Unless someone has the facilities to lend she has to go to a new home. ^^ ^^

Lucky you \:D/
Is there life after BX?
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

This car was on ebay not long mate wasnt it, I thought it sold?
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Yes it was and it did, but due to my sentimentality I had second thougts and wanted to rebuild it, the buyer agreed it would be a shame to dismantle it which is what he was going to do, so we agreed to cancel the deal at no cost to him.
I have since tried to sort out tools etc but I just can't get it together and so am looking for a suitable home that may have a spare engine to put in this very tidy rolling stock instead of breaking it. If there are no takers however, I will consider breaking as it has to move on.
Cheers
Is there life after BX?
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

One or two of us had a real dilema over this one, I really fancied it and would put it right, but my problem was getting it home.
They think it's all over, it is now!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Go on ken you know you want too!
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I know I want to as well, but that won't help me get it home. :cry:
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Where are you Ken?
Is there life after BX?
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Well at least your north, are you in the AA ken? you could try getting it part way then ring the breakdown and get them to do the rest.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I'm in Wakefield. :(
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

ken newbold wrote:I'm in Wakefield. :(
Don`t be too sad, Ken. The nicer side of the Pennines isn`t that far away :lol:

Must be a right trek from Wakefield to Edinburgh though?
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Not alcaholics annonymous I mean! RAC?
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

tim leech wrote:Not alcaholics annonymous I mean! RAC?
You mean wave a green flag! :lol:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

cavmad wrote:

Strange thing is, it's just as far on the way back too.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

ken newbold wrote:
cavmad wrote:

Strange thing is, it's just as far on the way back too.
:shock: :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Go on ken, you know it makes sense! Plus you have a new spare rad. To save your miles, you fetch the car from edinburgh, I deliver the rad to you free (well cuppa tea as payment) so thats another 160 miles less you gotta do!

Cant say fairer than that!

I must be mad but I do love my bxs