1.9 TGD estate for sale/swap

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

1.9 TGD estate for sale/swap

Post by cavmad »

Reluctantly my 1.9 TGD estate is up for grabs. Short MOT (sometime this month) but 5 months tax goes with the car if price is agreeable.
Work required is as follows: rear arm bearing thingy (which I have but needs fitting), driver`s seat needs replacing, small `star` in windscreen which may repair but will most likely fail MOT. Oh, n/s/f electric window doesn`t work but I think I`ve found the fault. If I can think of any other jobs which need doing I`ll tell you. Goes without saying a test drive and thorough inspection are welcome.
On the plus side the engine is excellent and pulls nicely, I`ve given it a thorough clean up which took 3 days (and it looks good), brand new tyre on front (and other ones are good), indictators now work (thank`s Vanny!), and has roof bars (thank`s Ken). There is a towbar knocking around for it too.
The octupi were done before I bought the car and some other jobs too, I`ll try and find the list Peter gave me by e-mail when I bought the car.
Even bigger plus is the fact there`s quite a few spares with it including struts, doors, interior parts and wings plus two radios (not fitted).
I paid £160 for the car and have spent about £100 + on it not including the road tax and the V5 is here in my name.

Reason for sale? I just haven`t got the time to do the jobs and I need a car I can jump in and drive right now. I also haven`t got the time to leave it at a garage to repair as I have no other useable wheels at the moment.

Open to offers, I don`t want a fortune for it, maybe someone can suggest what they think it`s worth.

Willing to swap for another car with MOT and hopefully either similar tax or ideally a month or so left to run. Would like another BX but failing that I`m open to offers such as Cavalier MK3.
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

you cant get rid they are all easy fixes just persivere vanny has said he will help with the radius are i am sure someone can either help repair you seat or supply a replacement claim the windscreen on your insurance it is a hell of a lot cheaper and the elecy window you think you have found the fault it cannot be that bad the only thing for MOT purposis is the radius arm and the windscreen. :cry:
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Sleepy's right. I have a full set of TXD seats here going begging. This is why so many repairable BX have been scrapped. People give up all too easily.
Also consider this, you swap this car for another, another set of problems.
They think it's all over, it is now!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thankyou gents. The really bl**dy annoying thing is that I had some spare seats for it and inadvertantly binned them (in a scrap car) by mistake and left the Cavalier seats behind :oops:
I`m also less than amused by the fact the previous owner told me the spare front seat was a drivers seat: took the driver`s seat out of mine only to find the spare is a passenger one (my fault for not checking) and then had a `mare getting the old one back in.
I totally agree that`s why cars get scrapped instead of saved which is why if I do sell this I intend it to go to the proverbial good home. One thing I must mention is that I`m determined not to let this put me off BXs, it`s just a sort of `wrong time` situation if you follow what I mean.
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Pleaseeee Cavmad dont give up there is enough of us to help you out. :D
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

seat swapping is a skill to be learned, but with a few tricks they come out pretty easily really. Do you realise that driver and passenger seats are identical? only difference is where the seat belt retainer is plugged in! Easy peasy

remember i still have the drivers seats for that interior anyways. There really isnt a lot wrong with that car, and i'd have already fixed it if i wasn't so restricted with transport, but dont worry just now i'll have a car again and all your woes will dissapear, you'll loose more in selling the car!

Go get yourself a little book and write down ALL the little faults and niggles no matter how minor and we can get them fixed!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cheers Vanny, I`ll do that. I`m breathing in and out slowly as I type and trying not to think of the `fun` I had trying to make one good seat from two bad ones and the fact I`ve knackered up one of the heads on a seat retaining bolt which is now firmly tightened down!
I didn`t struggle as such getting the seats in and out, it`s just because it`s a reasonably fiddly task and those stupid allen type bolts they use are a pain. Removing the passenger door trim and some other minor parts I took off once I made a point of using `normal` (Phillips) screws to put them back on.
I have decided IF I keep the car I`m going to eventually go right through it and change every single possible original screw and bolt with a `normal` one so any future work is easier to carry out.
I`ll make a list anyhow mate and possibly work on getting a road legal spare car to use in the interim as I have a feeling there`s a good few hours work in the estate :cry:
Thanks also to everyone for their words of encouragement and offers of help, believe me I`m trying not to let it beat me.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Right, due to yet more unforseen circumstances my estate is definately up for sale.
Large quantity of spares will come with it as well as approx 4 or 5 month`s road tax.
Full `no punches pulled` honest description at request and any trial or inspection including lengthy test drive more than welcome. Has (apparantly) had a lot of work done before I got it including new octopus. Looking for around £225 for the car, the tax and the spares (which include lots of useful parts) plus I`ve had a new tyre fitted (Dunlop and same tread pattern as other front one), the towbar when I get it and whatever else I remember I`ve got/it`s had done to it.
V5 here in my name so no funny stories. Quick-ish sale appreciated as short of money again.
Essentially a nice car with some minor-ish niggles and I believe still quite good value for money.
Vauxhall apologist.