1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

CAR LOAN/SHARE

Post by MULLEY »

Not sure if anyone has thought of this or if its practicle but here goes:

Assuming i can get my Gti's probs sorted i may be selling her which i dont want to do, seeing as i love driving Haggerty. Another possible solution is to have a number of club bods buy a share of said vehicle & you get ownership for a set number of months in the year i.e. 4 sharers = 3mths ownership each.

The only probs i can see are as follows:

Car will have to be legitametely bought off each person & V5 sending off. Possible insurance issues with this? & hassle? & who gets it serviced & mot'd?

Also, if in ownership their is a problem, who pays?

Is anyone remotely interested?

Or perhaps a longer term thing such as owning it for a year?

AM I BONKERS???? (no need to reply to that please, lol)

Can the Club organise the purchase of some vehicles for club members to use on above basis(s)? Has it ever tried doing this?

Cheers for taking the time to read this, as i am typing i'm getting a bad feeling about all the potential pitfalls of this idea, but i could be wrong.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Sounds like a good idea to me mate.

If the V5C is filled out with a company or group heading then I can't see you'd need to re-register all the time.

Alot of the buses in our (Bristol Road Transport Collection) heritage fleet are registered to the B.R.T.C. and the insurance is setup so any of us in the group can drive them.

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Hmm, good idea in a way, only thing is were all different and have different driving styles and some of us are polishers and some of us dont care what it looks like as long as its reliable! Plus the cost of repairs and who broke what and whos responsible for this and the other it could be awkward!
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I propose that my BX goes to Tim for a couple of weeks just to get it polished up nicely :D But seriously a loaner owned by the club looks like a valid proposition given the number of half decent motors that seem to be getting scrapped these days.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

That's an intersesting post Mulley...although I had been looking at it from another point of view: I'm sure my clutch is on its way out (pending adjustment to make sure) so I'm going to have the car off the road for sometime while I get on with it. While it's off the road, there are some other things I would like to do which means yet more time on the driveway with its wheels in the air. Couple that with lots of rain in S Wales, only 2 hours a day during the week when I can realistically get the work done and it could take some time. So, to curtail my long and boring story, I was thinking of buying one of the BXs on fleabay to flog on when mine is back on the road, or better still, buying one off you guys and sell it on when I'm finished (hopefully back to a member of the BX Forum Family)
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Tell you what then, if someone can repair my estate I`m more than happy to donate it for general use. Better that than getting scrapped, it`s still MOT`d and in the hands of someone capable I reckon it could be on the road very easily and would be a useful tool for anyone who is need of transport.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

YOur a gentleman and a scholar cavmad!
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

Nice one Billy, & i'm sure we can find the parts & knowledge on here to repair her, I have a complete 1.9N/A engine going spare or any bits needed of it.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Come on then folks, free car going here. Sad to say but it will 100% definately be crushed by middle of next week if no takers, I really have no room what-so-ever left here.
Vauxhall apologist.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Whats wrong with it Sir Cav and what is it??
1990 BX TGD White
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

BX 1.9 (n/a) diesel estate. L reg, about 5 or 6 month`s MOT (and not so many miles since last MOT). Suspect fuel pump, it`ll start and run but doesn`t like hard acceleration. Potentially an air filter or clogged pipe problem.
Has fitted towbar and electrics (very useful) and the radio cassette works too!
It`ll even have a set of excllent tyres fitted to it.
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

tim leech wrote:and some of us are polishers and some of us dont care what it looks like as long as its reliable!!
Thats my school of motoring there. Coultnt care less if its Fugly as sin so long as it starts and stops as it should.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

cavmad wrote:BX 1.9 (n/a) diesel estate. L reg, about 5 or 6 month`s MOT (and not so many miles since last MOT). Suspect fuel pump, it`ll start and run but doesn`t like hard acceleration. Potentially an air filter or clogged pipe problem.
Has fitted towbar and electrics (very useful) and the radio cassette works too!
It`ll even have a set of excllent tyres fitted to it.
Mmm, tempting, but not quite as tempting as this:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/112469.htm

I've emailed the dude for more info, but I'm going to have serious wife problems if I get this - seems too good to miss tho'!!!!

Please wifey wifey, please...I'll do anything...erm, but not that (sounds like a Meatloaf song - I hate 'im, e don't arf drone on)
1990 BX TGD White
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

It's advertised on here too MrBandit
http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4080
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Aha! Thank you BB. Just pm'd him and asked him to tempt me....naughty naughty................. :wink:
1990 BX TGD White