Post by Philip Chidlow »

Long live the BX Club. =D>

Glad no-one was hurt.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Wow its nice to hear that people are so friendly at times of need. Sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully you;ll get something sorted with the insurers one way or the other. You'd be suprised what they can fix within the value of a car these days. My bets are on them deciding it will be cheaper to fix than to write off.

Hope you get sorted soon John
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

BXCLUB rocks 8) .
Give the car to me Jon, I'll have it mint in 3 days!! :D :D

Glad no one was hurt though, looks like a fair impact.

The last tw*t that hit my car ended up collecting his teeth from his bowels :evil:

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I`ll echo the sentiments of all the above and say that whoever was kind enough to loan you a car is an absolute diamond. Good on you, whoever you are. That was obviously the action of a true friend Jon and exactly the kind of spirit that this forum seems to generate.
Hope you get your car mended soon and glad to hear the most important thing that no-one was injured.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Glad noones hurt Jon, take the front panels off and i bet alot of it cosmetic damage as these modern cars are designed to crumple. I agree BXCLUB is one in a million!
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Yep, no one hurt is most important - hurrah for crumple Zones and airbags!! I hope the insurance company don't write it off for you Jon,
I had a Hurricane that met with a tree and they reckoned £2500 worth of damage and that was the last I saw of it. DocChev could have sorted that one out in 1/2 an hour!!!
I've not been a member long but I do feel a great sense of commeradery so well done that man for lending your pride and joy!! :lol:
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Any accident you can walk away from is a good one Jon, Ill bet that with the damaged panels removed the car will be straight, it might be a suitable buy back if they write it off .We have a Xantia in my family like that, a Golf ran up the back end and bent the entire rear leaving ripples in the roof and closing up the rear arches a little, bought it back for £70 and put it back on the road, and that was five years ago now.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

A lot of visitors to this site say that we're a great bunch.Well this proves it.Well done secret donator =D> ^^bx> Hope you get sorted soon Jon
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Accident.

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Sorry to see that Jonkw, thank goodness no one was hurt, although it must have been a shock. Being modern then probably the best vehicle to be bent, rather than a BX.
I dont have anything against BX's but the structural integrety with them ( because of hidden corrosion. ) cant be as good as a modern vehicle.
Be well and take care.
Cheers.
Geoff.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

I MAY NOT BE ALWAYS RIGHT BUT I AM
NEVER WRONG.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

I know how well ZX's, CX's and AX's bend!

I've been hit in the rear, side and front of the BX and everytime my car survived considerably better than the car that hit me!
2 Rovers and a BMW M3!

Always find it's best to avoid accidents altogether but if you're gona have one a BX is surprisingly strong.

I destroyed a VW Golf with a 8 tonne bus, and I do mean destroyed!
Very low speed impact but the Golf was scrap, the bus had a cracked fibre glass corner panel and the headlamp bracket was bent :D

The gut in the Golf had pulled away from a roundabout and stalled it, car stopped, I didn't!
He apolagised saying the clutch had been fitted the day before and he couldn't get on with it. I explained as pleasentley as possible that the clutch wouldn't be a problem anymore! :D

Cheers
Chris G

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

docchevron1472 wrote:I know how well ZX's, CX's and AX's bend!

I've been hit in the rear, side and front of the BX and everytime my car survived considerably better than the car that hit me!2 Rovers and a BMW M3!

I destroyed a VW Golf with a 8 tonne bus, and I do mean destroyed!
Very low speed impact but the Golf was scrap, the bus had a cracked fibre glass corner panel and the headlamp bracket was bent :D

Cheers
Chris G
Chris, along with whoever was kind enough to have helped Jon out in his hour of need I feel you too should be awarded (for a seperate issue of your sterling work in keeping our roads free of junk :lol: )
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

I do what I can Billy! :D :D :D

Cheers
chris G

thanuttiscotsman
BXpert

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

bad luck mate! :( good show doc!
1989 BX 16v ph1 Chipped, k+N, full scorpion, weber throttle body, NOS 1990 BX 16v ph2
1996 transit 2.5di 80 swb
2006 Suzuki GSR 600cc Fast as F**K!
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Further testament to the good folks in this club, this evening I posted a want ad for some tailgate struts, it seems to have taken under two hours to source a set, well done chaps.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft