Neat BX GTi Auto coming up for sale - anybody interested???

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Neat BX GTi Auto coming up for sale - anybody interested???

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I am going to be selling one of my BX's. It is a black GTi auto 1990, with 106k on it - full history from new (I bought it from its original owner of 14 yrs). It's just been serviced, had rear arm bearing done and other bits. With all the GTi extras, all electrics work and, if I can get a reasonable price, it'll come with rear head rests, sunroof wind deflector, GTi alloys (good tyres). I have the original steel wheels, bolts and trims with two newish Continental tyres on. Even the spare's virtually untouched. Just put 6 months tax on it and it's MOT'd up mid December. I recently had the drive plate replaced too (a £200 job...).

The car comes up pretty well but if I had the time I'd give it a good cut 'n' polish. There are a few minor trolly scars and stuff but nothing really detracts from it. Forgot to mention it has had a new back box and has a Witter towbar and working electrics. What's more, I've had a bypass switch fitted that means if the inhibitor switch sticks (sometimes when it's hot) the car will 'push-button' start (make sure you are not in gear!) - it's an excellent solution to a common problem with the autos. Having driven severel BX autos this one seems to have the perkiest performance, with super kickdown response. Maybe because the engine was rebuilt about 25,000 miles ago it burns virtually no oil.

A really excellent, usable car. So let me

Let me know if you are interested. I think I'll be putting it on eBay around the end of the month - so have a think. I have got pics that I can email. My email is: yo.phil@btopenworld.com
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sounds very nice, good luck selling it. Out of my price range undoubtably) but as a matter of interest how much do you want for it?
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

How much???!!!

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, it depends if all the 'extras' like deflector, rear head rests, O/A Headlight protectors, alloys (not to mention I have O/A BX Thule roof bars and even a Citroen BX Dog guard!) are to be thrown in as part of the deal (which I'd prefer...).

For 'just' the car (including the new Tax disc, alloys and steels ('cos the alloys are fitted) but less the 'original accessories' mentioned) I want £495.00.

The extra bits cost me a total of £95.00 so I'd want that or a very near offer for those (buyer collects).

If I got an offer for the lot of £550.00 I'd probably say OK and throw in a spare new rear wheel bearing that I have around! (':wink:')

Not bad for the money I'd say.

Phil

PS If interested I can email pics...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sounds like it`s worth a punt on eBay Philip. GTi`s seems to go pretty well on there and if you set the reserve at £25 over your asking price to cover your costs it`s probably worth a go.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Possible change of plans

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I will probably be putting the car up on eBay later this week, but might change my mind and put my other BX up. It's 1991 and a GTi Auto too, but is in slightly better general condition (nice silver paintwork) and has working (!) aircon fitted and grey 16v alloys with Pirelli P6000s all round. Thing is it's done 150000 miles - but it has got FSH/bills etc. MOT to July 2006 and Tax to end Dec. I was going to get the valve stem oil seals done if I decided to keep it as it uses a little oil and can smoke slightly under acceleration from rest. But it rides really well. Again, I will put this on eBay if I decide I want to sell it. Would anybody be interested in that one (too?!)...

Phil
spigven
Confirmed BX'er

Post by spigven »

What colour interior does the silver car have ?
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Interior

Post by Philip Chidlow »

It's the usual velour dark grey, as is the black car's interior too. They both have rear headrests, blinds, headlight protectors, working electrics (including sunroof/windows - and even both front fog lamps) and sunroof wind deflectors and good quality mats. These have been well looked after.

I won't sell both at once, probably one this month and the other in the spring (I need something bigger, like a v. good 1990 CX!? - but I'd have to ignore the wishes of my family - again... But a Synergie might be on the cards - well at least it's got the chevrons)

Phil