1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I dont tend to do that myself, as it makes it more than likely some prat will clip your sticking out wheel (because they havent noticed it).
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

could have been a lot worse like a lot of people have said!
good mate of mine did the same in 'big w' car park in his 205! came out to find it fully impaled into a fiesta! according to the carpark attendant it wasnt happy with just the one smack as it bounced back and came in for a second go!!! poor chap was mortified when he came out ! although the fiesta was a mess before and turned out to have no tax etc!!

i was taught by my instructer when i passed (1995) to leave the car ingear when parking just incase! so have always done it! normally 2nd though as its a bit more obvious when you get in loL! although the wife never left hers ingear so after i had driven it she used to moan when she tried to start it without checking!!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
Bxaholic
BXpert

Post by Bxaholic »

I also have always left it in gear + handbrake, but for some unknown reason I didn't once and it rolled as explained in previous post, since that day it has got me double checking when parking up.
RED 1993 TZD Turbo EST. 182,661miles
My everyday car for last 9 years, about to be seperated {July 2008}, and then i'll be Bx'less first time in 18 years....
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Cornishbx16v wrote:although the wife never left hers ingear so after i had driven it she used to moan when she tried to start it without checking!!
Opposite problem (no longer though as she is now ex) that I went to start after she was in it and car jumps forward. Don't think to check 'cos never leave it in gear myself even on manuals. :roll:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
rob pike

Post by rob pike »

Hi , interesting topic about handbrakes and explains why my BX rolled foreward . I`d parked in a steep road in Angouleme France and when I came back it was sitting on the car in front , of course tha suspension had dropped over the 3 hours and it sat there under the other cars bumper against the spoiler , I had applied the handbrake hard , so I lowered the suspension lever before backing off with some Frenchies looking on and there was no damage . Up until today reading this a little late I`d never really understood why it rolled , only I knew the handbrake needed adjustment which I did the day after . Are there any more little querks like starting it`s self up after cooling down because it was boored or missed me.
Rob